Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2020 8:49:41 PM EDT
Having some issues with my galil bolt.  Any ideas what is going on?

Link Posted: 11/7/2020 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m wondering if the little ramp that starts the bolt rotating when it closes is out of spec. If I remember it’s part of the bullet guide.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#2]
did you ever get this fixed?  Can you post pics of the bullet guide?  What receiver?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tomelroy1:
did you ever get this fixed?  Can you post pics of the bullet guide?  What receiver?
View Quote

Yes and No.  The original builder still has it.  I will post pics when I get it back.  Why do you ask?

Receiver is a CNC warrior
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]
How many rounds were fired to create that wear?  Something is restricting the bolts rotation and the bolt carriers is forcing it.  I would bet its not the feed ramping being out of spec, but rather the bullets guide/feed ramps orientation in the receiver.  (relative to the outer diameter of the barrel at the chamber or center of the bore).  It is sitting to high.  Usually only high on the left side (of the rivet) this will cause the bolt to rotate prematurely and prevent it from seating completely before rotating.  The higher the bullet guide is sitting in the receiver the sooner the bolt will initiate rotation,  If rotation is premature the right lug on the bolt will interfere with the right rail on the receiver and the bolt carrier will force the rotation (shows up as wear).  So I would also be looking at the right rail on the receiverI have seen it many times.  I am not a professional builder, just a collector/hobbiest that has had terrible luck with the so called best...I have built 2 CNC warriors and they both had this issue.  (not as bad as some of the other receivers)  It is a relatively easy fix, if you have the right tools  and know what needs to be done, and the best way to know what needs to be done is to take a close look at an IMI receiver or receiver stub.   Here are a few pics, can you see a difference. The first two are out of spec, the 3rd is IMI.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/z4bmTuUuKR4VJAxx6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/E7yoUwjxxVe16w9f6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mwG9fy97jV2K7Kz46

Who is doing the work?  Post some pics when you get it back.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
@vlarg

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with it? Mines starting to do this as well
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:15:22 AM EDT
[#6]
That looks terrible.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top