Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2022 9:59:54 AM EDT
First off, I totally get that putting on a suppressor is the ultimate solution and something I'm looking at down the road.

In the short term, what muzzle device is effective at reducing the tremendous thunderclap this bad boy produces?

I put a Kaw Valley Linear Compensator on it but wonder if that actually makes it worse.

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The galil comes with a flash hider. Your other choice is a muzzle brake, which wont help. Any sound moderator by definition is going to be a suppressor.
Dont have a good solution for you.

I went with a 13" because the noise and flash was obnoxious on my 8".
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#2]
You need a Krinkov style blast shield, 5/8x24 threads: https://www.jmac-customs.com/muzzle-devices/device-type/blast-shield/

Surefire makes a good option as well (the warden): https://www.surefire.com/products/suppressors-division/muzzle-devices/warden/

This list is by no means complete. I use a Surefire SOCOM 7.62 can on my Galil ACE 8.3” SBR. Love it. I also installed a KNS piston for it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've given up and started the suppressor route.
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Something like a Noveske flaming pig can help divert more of the noise forward. I've tried baffles on my 8.3" 5.45 krink and those sorta helped. It's still loud as shit and concussive as shit.

Short barrels are just obnoxious.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Except for .22 LR cal, all of my cans are Silencerco.  Of those I have, only the Specwar 7.62 is rated below 10" for 5.56 (not sure about 7.62x39).  For my 8.3" 5.56 ACE, I plan to put an ASR flash hider on it so I can 1) suppress it with the Specwar as desired and B) can install the SiCo ASR Blast Shield onto the suppressor mount when I don't want to hang the can off of it.  The Blast Shield and things like it (as previously posted) do help to direct sound downrange instead of sideways and rearward.

Rob
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top