Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2019 5:28:23 PM EDT
I heard through other collectors that when the import ban hit and required these naughty features to be removed, that they took the leftover assemblies and sold them as is. I have a very nice rig that I would like to outfit with a Bayo FSB, but I have not seen one pop up in the marketplace. Any ideas besides direct from Polytech dealers on where I can score one? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont ever see the spiker fsb for sale anywhere except the Polytech website. I think I read the ones on the Polytech site are reproductions, but I'm not sure. I do have one from the Polytech site that I am planning to use on a MAK deban, it looks really nice.

I had a few other MAKs that need to be debanned, so I tracked down a few sets of Polish milled AK fsb and GB. I went with Polish parts because they are blued and should match the Chinese bluing better then the painted Bulgarian parts.

I dont remember where I got the Polish parts, but it was later last year and I had to get one form one website and the other from another site. I think Robert RTG was one of them. I can figure out where I got em if you want.

James
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
TortTort Manufacturing used to make the spiker front ends, maybe they are making them exclusively for Polytech Parts now; as far as other FSBs go, your best bet, as stated above, is an FSB from a milled AK, as they generally have the proper ID to match the chicom barrel OD on that journal.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I am hesitant to get the one direct because it says Made In USA on it. I feel like its a tattoo on something so pure!
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know what gas block goes with a spiker front sight base?
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone know what gas block goes with a spiker front sight base?
View Quote
A Bulgarian or Polish type 3 gas block with the cleaning rod loop cut in half would work and look correct.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a few sets of Polish front sights and gas blocks, and I might have bought an extra gas block to go with the spiker, I will have to look. So is cutting the loop in half to make room for the bayonet when folded?
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:So is cutting the loop in half to make room for the bayonet when folded?
View Quote
Yes. It would probably be fine with it uncut, but that's how the Chinese did it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome, thanks
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top