Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2020 10:54:37 AM EDT
I'm going to share my little invention to load those bad boys up easily and quickly, without going thru the  nut roll of dropping 5 rounds in and push the plunger down 19 times. which is very tedious, at least to me it is

cut remove the plunger then cut the  back complete off the loaded by a few millimeters, then epoxy and fix in place a Russian stripper clip guide, then  you'll be able to push clips of ammo into the drum, 6 times. for a total of 90 rounds

it took me approx.. 3:20 minutes to load my drum, from the time I place the loader to when I finished.........and I was going slow   and stopped a couple of time to sprinkle in some graphite powder.

I can hear you some of you say, why not just use the stripper clip by itself when loading the drum?

simple, because it won't work. unlike a  clip for a M16 where the rounds  are snug in the clip so when you push them in the mag they go in straight. the rounds in a russian/east bloc clip are very loosely held in place, which they work just fine in loading a magazine, but not in the drum where you have to overcome the tremendous spring tension. they go all "catty Wumpus"  in the clip and don't feed in straight, causing the rounds to either jam in the tower, or inside the drum in the "cogs" resulting in taking off the feed tower and/or cover to wrestle the rounds out of the inner drum.

this method insures the rounds goes straight in the drum without going  all "catty Wumpus"  because the loader keeps them from doing that.

you're welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGHQ9XMGhXQ

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice! I want a drum for my 74. Is that bad boy reliable for you?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
is as reliable as my factory BETA drum, works perfectly
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top