Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2021 2:17:37 PM EDT
Was thinking about a WASR10 or a ZPAPM70 or maybe even a PSA,Ive heard good things about them and they look nice. Strictly plinking not SHTF although it needs to be reliable.The only thing I dont like about the Zastava is the stupid "read owners manual" crap on the receiver.I dont want to spend 2 grand for what this is.Thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Disregard the writing and go Zastava.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
spend a few days on atlantic firearms ak 47 700.00 to 1800.00 make a list then run it by here
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
My PSA GF3 is my first 7.62x39 AK and has been utterly reliable, but I don't have any experience outside it.  I got interested in the platform after buying a KUSA KS-12 shotgun and after the GF3 an AK-V.  If you can get the GF5 as it has a better barrel, but they are waiting on more last I heard.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My PSA GF3 is my first 7.62x39 AK and has been utterly reliable, but I don't have any experience outside it.  I got interested in the platform after buying a KUSA KS-12 shotgun and after the GF3 an AK-V.  If you can get the GF5 as it has a better barrel, but they are waiting on more last I heard.
View Quote

I have 13 of them and all have been reliable since the first one I picked up back in 97. I even restored one that had been assembled with pop-rivets, then abused and run over by a truck on purpose and it still fired. It's a simple design with loose tolerances with reliability and ruggedness as the goals. That said, the foreign built ones, even the Romys, are reliable.

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Disregard the writing and go Zastava.
View Quote

Whats retail on these,I dont have to have it today.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
$900-$1k
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#7]
For a first AK the Zastava is a great gun. I have the npap and it is very reliable. A pita whenever you want to take it apart and it's basically a boring gun in comparison to kit guns. But again it does the job. And yes that nanny engraving is ridiculous.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top