Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2018 4:30:56 PM EDT
I’m looking for an rpk. Not too picky on the model. I’m jus wanting a heavy barrel, thick receiver, that can handle cycling a lot of rounds (wanting to use drums). I haven’t had much luck looking online for rpks for sale. Where would be a good place to start?
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunbroker or go to Apex, buy a kit and build or have it built.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gunbroker or go to Apex, buy a kit and build or have it built.
View Quote
Came here to post this.  A member here built mine for me, not sure if he’s still around.  I got the Romanian parts kit from apex and a nodak ( ? ) reciever.  I like it a lot.  Unfortunately for me now there are better barrel choices, nitrided and chrome lined are available, mine is not.. Maybe I’ll get it replaced someday...
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up a James River M72b1.   Looks nice.  have not got to shoot it yet.   I paid 799 plus shipping for it.
Normal price is 849 but they had it on sale which if I had picked one up last year they were 749.  
Drum locks up tight.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to knob creek. There should be some there for sale this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just picked up a James River M72b1.   Looks nice.  have not got to shoot it yet.   I paid 799 plus shipping for it.
Normal price is 849 but they had it on sale which if I had picked one up last year they were 749.  
Drum locks up tight.
View Quote
What’s the site to these?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#6]
classicarms.com
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I would recommend aes10b or other stamped sheet metal receiver rpk. You will have more options on accessories. Just keep an eye on gunbroker. That is where i got one but took a year to get a decent deal. Im poor though. I had the drums for it a year. That was the deciding factor drums were on sale and i spent a couple hundred bucks on them.  You cannot melt it down in semi auto. They are supposed to withstand 80rpm without issues. Finger will get tired before the gun.

Get one with the bipod.

Wished i had got the AES10b when they were under 600 bucks
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top