Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2022 12:05:25 AM EDT
What are you guys liking for a brace setup on a AK pistol ?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
For use and durability = Bonesteel Brace

For Looks that resemble a Krink Side folder = SB Triangle brace

If you are trying to replicate a specific style of krink - a triangle is good.  If you are wanting the best quality and durability, I'd say Bonesteel.  It resembles a Galil stock layout.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The bone steel model and the CNC warrior brace sure look very similar. How does the bone steel model attach?

The SB Tact triangle one got a lot of negative reviews for being cheap.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For use and durability = Bonesteel Brace

For Looks that resemble a Krink Side folder = SB Triangle brace

If you are trying to replicate a specific style of krink - a triangle is good.  If you are wanting the best quality and durability, I'd say Bonesteel.  It resembles a Galil stock layout.
View Quote

This. I have the Bonesteel and it is stout and TIGHT, I haven't installed it yet but damn, just holding it and folding it to check the lock mechanism, it's quite impressive.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

CNC Warrior for me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The bone steel model and the CNC warrior brace sure look very similar. How does the bone steel model attach?

View Quote

CNCWarrior and Bonesteel seem to have an arrangement for marketing - they are the same brace.

Depending on the model of AK you have, you can order a specific model of the brace:

1) Plain version that requires drilling and tapping a hole for a square back receiver to brace.
2) A Yugo version that has a slight angle to mate the slanted Yugo backside
3) A 1913 version.

I used a 1913 version and a JMAC customs 1913 rail adapter for AKs.

This required me to drill and tap an 8mm hole on the back of my Polish AK.  screw on the 1913 adapter and then the Bonesteel brace can be used.

I like this as I can remove it and use on other 1913 rail-backed guns if I want to swap.

The Triangle brace is okay - its not as durable as a stock but as a plinker that looks the part it does well enough.  

If you do the math, some of the braces are not too much cheaper than a $200 tax stamp (but then add price for real stock) but you can have a real durable stock - However SBRs aren't as easy to sell when you might want or need to.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Great info. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

CNCWarrior and Bonesteel seem to have an arrangement for marketing - they are the same brace.

View Quote

As of november 2020 they are no longer exactly the same.
Cnc warrior still makes the hinges for us, but we now use a forged braceplate, with a steeper tube angle.   Both braces use the same rock solid hinge, but from the pivot back there are minor differences.  You cant go wrong either way.

Bonesteel arms brace

Cnc warrior brace
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As of november 2020 they are no longer exactly the same.
Cnc warrior still makes the hinges for us, but we now use a forged braceplate, with a steeper tube angle.   Both braces use the same rock solid hinge, but from the pivot back there are minor differences.  You cant go wrong either way.

Bonesteel arms brace
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/a607/X-ray6/IMG_3789.jpg

Cnc warrior brace
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/499876/20220816_144015_jpg-2491570.JPG
View Quote

@obiwanbonjovi - Thanks for the info - Are you Bonesteel?  If so Thank you for great products!  
Does the Bonesteel Brace back section fit on a Galil hinge assembly and if so do you sell it seperately for those of us that want to Build Galil Pistols?
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@obiwanbonjovi - Thanks for the info - Are you Bonesteel?  If so Thank you for great products!  
Does the Bonesteel Brace back section fit on a Galil hinge assembly and if so do you sell it seperately for those of us that want to Build Galil Pistols?
View Quote

Yes, I am Chris Bonesteel

Sort of, there is more info about it on our faq page.

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

You get the award for coolest name and your quote " I am Chris Bonesteel" sounds like a line from an 80s action film.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You get the award for coolest name and your quote " I am Chris Bonesteel" sounds like a line from an 80s action film.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got that right....

Quick question; what is the length of the Nato length Bonesteel folder?  I'm thinking of SBR'ing a Zpap but MD laws are 'tarded and SBRs have to be 29" or longer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a PSA  AK pistol that has the triangle folding brace. It attaches via a picatinny rail section attached to the back of the receiver. It's a decent brace but hard use it definitely is not.

I'd like to upgrade to the Bonesteel, but looking at their options, it indicates that the picatinny version is not for AK's.

Anyone know if any of their braces are compatible with my setup?

@obiwanbonjovi
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]
My favorite AK brace.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My favorite AK brace.

https://i.imgur.com/QBrLGc9.jpg

View Quote

I forgot about that triangle blade/brace.  WHo makes it again?  I seem to recall they were expensive a few years back, but maybe the price has adjusted

Is it metal/steel?

It is truly a sweet look that looks the part better than the 1913 plastic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I forgot about that triangle blade/brace.  WHo makes it again?  I seem to recall they were expensive a few years back, but maybe the price has adjusted

Is it metal/steel?

It is truly a sweet look that looks the part better than the 1913 plastic.
View Quote

Very expensive to make and are not being made anymore since the cost of material went up.  Machined out of 7075 aluminum.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a PSA  AK pistol that has the triangle folding brace. It attaches via a picatinny rail section attached to the back of the receiver. It's a decent brace but hard use it definitely is not.

I'd like to upgrade to the Bonesteel, but looking at their options, it indicates that the picatinny version is not for AK's.

@obiwanbonjovi
View Quote
@obiwanbonjovi
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@obiwanbonjovi
View Quote

I saw that too and ignored it as I was adding a 1913 rail to the back of my AK and it was square back not angled like a Yugo.  That is the one I ordered and there are several aftermarket 1913 adapters for AKs, but depends on which AK you have due to receiver and rear trunnion shape.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cnc makes them for bonesteel. You have several methods for attachment honestly.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I saw that too and ignored it as I was adding a 1913 rail to the back of my AK and it was square back not angled like a Yugo.  That is the one I ordered and there are several aftermarket 1913 adapters for AKs, but depends on which AK you have due to receiver and rear trunnion shape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@obiwanbonjovi

I have this:

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I was wondering how does the Bonesteel or CNC Warrior brace mount to a ZPAP M85 with the hole drilled in the rear. Do you remove the plug and mount it with the one bolt?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was wondering how does the Bonesteel or CNC Warrior brace mount to a ZPAP M85 with the hole drilled in the rear. Do you remove the plug and mount it with the one bolt?
View Quote

Correct

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#23]

The 1913 Bonesteel should fit that, it slides down from the top  of your 1913 rail and you tighten its clamp upon the rail.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#24]

That's really nice!  Do you know what the OAL is w/o the booster?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The 1913 Bonesteel should fit that, it slides down from the top  of your 1913 rail and you tighten its clamp upon the rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good to know, thank you.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't, but I'll try to remember to measure it next time I grab it out of the safe.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@obiwanbonjovi
View Quote

Sorry for the late reply.  Our 1913 brace will work just fine on aks, we have that note, because for almost every ak model we offer what we consider to be a better solution.  Personally not a huge fan of picatinny interface for stocks, and usually we have a model that attaches directly where the rail mounts. Removing the bulk and weight of an extra interface.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#28]

CNC Warrior
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Those look nice, can I ask what optic is mounted on them?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Those look nice, can I ask what optic is mounted on them?
View Quote

@dmtsc

ACRO P1’s
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Zenitco PT-1 with FarrowTech adapter and Tailhook brace.

Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/499876/20210215_150536_jpg-2542541.JPG

Attachment Attached File

I love the look of M85’s. Something about the how the mags look.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top