Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2020 4:12:52 PM EDT
I have two Draco pistols, one with the C designation (SN 1968 BL3xxx) and one without (SN DC-6xxx-10  RO).  I believe that I got them both from Centerfire in 2010.  Can someone refresh my memory as to the difference with the C model, and which one is perceived to be more valuable?    THANKS !

UPDATE - I didn't search enough before posting, but now I've found this thread that does a good job of describing the differences - https://www.ar15.com/forums/ak-47/-/98-133316/?#

I guess now I'm just wondering which one is more valuable in today's market - THANKS AGAIN!
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC - The ā€œCā€ was built on a rear trunion cut for a UF stock. Even though it is covered by the sheet metal receiver, it would be the easiest to SBR. I believe that is why they commanded a small premium.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks very much.  Turns out, the Draco that I've been shooting is the regular Draco, and the Draco-C is the one that's been sitting on the shelf - never been shot - so I'll sell the Draco-C and keep the regular Draco.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I SBRed my DRACO-C 1968 sb37_ _. Thought it was worth more to keep a pistol, but it wasn't anything special. Trunnion is there already, so now it's back to what it started life as, a nice underfolder.  Extremely overgassed with a can on, trying to figure the best way to remedy it.  Was no easy task getting the YH QD mount aligned on it either, threads are non concentric.

Well balanced shooter, my favorite.

What are you looking to get for yours?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't pay more for a "C", but I am not looking to SBR one either, so I think it would be a small premium for the right buyer.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to thread hijack, Conan you need a KNS adjustable gas piston. Worked wonders for my suppressed Draco SBR.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to thread hijack, Conan you need a KNS adjustable gas piston. Worked wonders for my suppressed Draco SBR.
View Quote
Thanks. Was looking at them but didn't know which one to get. Which one?
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks. Was looking at them but didn't know which one to get. Which one?
View Quote
For the Draco it is the AGP-A-7    I bought one but haven't installed it yet, however, it is correct length.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For the Draco it is the AGP-A-7    I bought one but haven't installed it yet, however, it is correct length.
View Quote
Best place to buy?
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top