Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2018 7:43:45 PM EDT
I just got the Saiga I bought sighted in and noticed the the sight post is crooked. The sight itself is right on and it shoots straight but the post is off to the left a bit

What should I do to correct this problem? (the gun itself still functions great, it's more of a cosmetic issue)
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Canted sights are common on AKs, but if you are able to zero your rifle then you are gtg.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Canted sights are common on AKs, but if you are able to zero your rifle then you are gtg.
View Quote
Yeah the rifle is zeroed, as long as it works I guess I can live with it lol
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Both the front and rear sight block were slightly canted to the left on one of my Saigas. I thought the gas block was canted to start with, but the gas block was straight/plumb with the receiver. I removed the pins, moved the sights to the right just a bit, so they were aligned with the gas block and level with the top of the receiver. I reamed the pin holes with the same size drill bit and reinstalled the pins; pins were still tight and had to be hammer in hard. It worked great, and the sights are much straighter now when you look down the barrel.

In spite of that, I still had to move the front sight post a little to get it sighted in.

I agree that many AKs, even the higher-end, more expensive models, can have slightly canted sights/gas block. It may or may not be worth the trouble to try and correct the cant. But it was for me...

Good luck.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top