Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2018 9:27:16 PM EDT
I shouldn't of stopped buy the gun store after work today cause i spied a caught in transit mak for sale. It has factory threaded muzzle, cleaning rod, and sling. FSB has fangs for bayonet and they only wanted 495 for it. I talked them down to 475. Hasn't been shot much but has a bit of wear in some areas. The sling has warn off a bit of blueing on the barrel. Some numbers are lined off but B west was not as it was too close to the bend in the receiver i guess. I already have a caught in transit that i bought new never fired a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 3:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
My favorite maks are as you described, I call them line-outs.  Mine are 56's caught in ban and changed to the thumbhole  luckily missing  the grinders.  You stole that rifle..
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are the pics?

AIRBORNE!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:46:34 AM EDT
[#3]
no pics, but having bought one that has had a few rounds down the pipe has got me thinking. Maybe i should sell the other one i have and just keep the used one. I dont really need two rifles that are identical only one of which i will shoot. I would like to use the funds on another gun iv been wanting for a while.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 2:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldnt have even attempted to talk him down from 495. That’s a good deal
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no pics, but having bought one that has had a few rounds down the pipe has got me thinking. Maybe i should sell the other one i have and just keep the used one. I dont really need two rifles that are identical only one of which i will shoot. I would like to use the funds on another gun iv been wanting for a while.
View Quote
I'd wait to see what is going to happen politically before you decide to sell.

As for me...2 is 1 and 1 is none.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 1:31:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Of course i talked them down. They had had it for 6 months. Though im sure someone had hidden it somewhere. Guy traded two in and i saw the first one, it was a regular mak90 with all the features gone but in unfired condition. I looked that one over and thought about buying it but decided not to cause i had a better one already. When i noticed this latest one i bought it right away after i talked them down 25 bucks. It didnt come with any magazines so i inquired about its history when they told me it was traded in 6 months ago i said bullshit, i would have bought it then. Im thinking someone hid it but never came up with the funds. Somehow it made its way out on the racks and i spied it. I go in every week so i know what they have.

If i had not bought it it may have been there much longer, my town has no industry and not many have the funds. Another gun shop has had an KELTEC RDB on the wall for 8 months now for $915. That is less than i paid for mine and i can convince nobody i know to buy it. I see it asked on other sections of this site where can i buy one, or ive never seen one. Nobody in my poo dunk town wants it.

If i sold the first one i got i would just use the funds for another gun. Im currently trying to fit an original eastern european ak47 bayonet to this new mak. It has not been as easy as i had hoped. My chinese one works fine but the european one needs grinding and filing to make fit. Front fangs are different and the gas block fingers needed some metal removed to fit. I spent a couple hours last weekend on it but its not quite there yet.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 2:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy it!  B-West AK's have a couple of different receiver markings.  The receivers marked B WEST LA CA CHINA have properly heat treated receivers and are assembled with Chinese type 56 parts and assembled in the California.  Receivers marked AZ (Arizona) are "supposed" to have improperly heated treated receivers and need new receivers which are available for replacement by a qualified gunsmiths.  Even the AZ marked rifles are assembled from Chinese type 56 parts and if you had to replace the receiver, a type 56 parts kit is worth far more then the asking price of the rifle.  Go for it!

The above information has been gleaned from multiple Ak web sites.  I too, bought a B West Ak, marked LA CA CHINA and had a good old fashion panic attack thinking I got hosed on the deal, I burned up the internet to find the information to decide if I was burned on the deal.  At least 2-3K rounds have been shot thru the rifle with no peening of the ejector or elongation of the hammer/trigger pin holes elongating.

My opinion for what it is worth, buy it and even if you have to replace the receiver, you'll the closest copy to a type 56 you can find.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I knew when buying it was all chinese, Original serial# lined out and new one electro penciled on
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I knew when buying it was all chinese, Original serial# lined out and new one electro penciled on
View Quote
Would you post pics of the receiver markings please?

AIRBORNE!!!!!
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top