BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2022 5:50:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally for less than that, you could get a very nice Chinese SKS. Forget the tapco 30 rnd stuff... and buy the rifle. My 2 cents.. a good Chinese factory 26 is hard to beat, and they are out there in the $400-$600 realm
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 6:01:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panzersergeant] [#2]
Seems a little high. Norincos and Yugos are selling on Gunbroker for 4 to 5 hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BDA:
Personally for less than that, you could get a very nice Chinese SKS. Forget the tapco 30 rnd stuff... and buy the rifle. My 2 cents.. a good Chinese factory 26 is hard to beat, and they are out there in the $400-$600 realm
View Quote

I’ve seen a few but still $600 on the classifieds right now — Yugo is a higher quality build from the people I’ve spoke to with both, am I wrong? I’d rather pay a few bucks for something with a little more quality/value
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By taymag:

I’ve seen a few but still $600 on the classifieds right now — Yugo is a higher quality build from the people I’ve spoke to with both, am I wrong? I’d rather pay a few bucks for something with a little more quality/value
View Quote

The Yugo is my least favorite with the grenade launcher setup and non chrome lined barrel.

Hard pass if it were me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AKaTom:

The Yugo is my least favorite with the grenade launcher setup and non chrome lined barrel.

Hard pass if it were me.
View Quote

What’s your favorite?
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]

What’s your favorite?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hard pass if it were me.

What’s your favorite?

Well currently my Chinese one. But I sold a pristine 1950 dated Russian one. I sooo regret selling that rifle!

I still have a Yugo one that I only keep because of the trench art. Not cool enough to post pictures of the carving. But I kept it "for now" lol.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Well currently my Chinese one. But I sold a pristine 1950 dated Russian one. I sooo regret selling that rifle!

I still have a Yugo one that I only keep because of the trench art. Not cool enough to post pictures of the carving. But I kept it "for now" lol.
View Quote

Why the Chinese ones? There’s a Norinco locally too
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:14:43 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Not in my experience. I'd take a well built Chinese factory 26 over a yugo any day. And I bought my last Norinco for around $400... I've had several yugo's.. and they didn't stay in the collect that long. The Chinese and russians though, they have been here for decades.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Which Chinese? I collect threaded factory 26.

Any good complete rifle thats not been tapco'd. I have had great pinned versions.. but the threaded receiver versions are ones I have kept the longest.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:32:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Hard pass if it were me.
View All Quotes

Hard pass if it were me.

Not all Yugo's have the grenade launcher with gas valve, my M59 is almost identical to a Russian SKS in appearance.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:33:54 AM EDT
[#11]

What’s your favorite?
View All Quotes

Hard pass if it were me.

What’s your favorite?

Russian, Romanian, or Albanian
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

Not all Yugo's have the grenade launcher with gas valve, my M59 is almost identical to a Russian SKS in appearance.
View Quote

That's true but the vast majority have the grenade launcher and gas valve. None of the Yugoslavian ones had chrome line bores, including their AK 47's
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Why the Chinese ones? There’s a Norinco locally too
View Quote

Sorry for the slow reply. As to why the Chinese ones, they are very well made with a chrome lined bore.

And they don't have that goofy grenade launcher and gas valve.  

No matter what one you choose check it over very carefully.

One last comment, I've seen pictures of the most recent Chinese imports from Albania I think. They looked rode hard. All the SKS's I own or have owned are from years ago when they were common imports and much cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#14]

That's true but the vast majority have the grenade launcher and gas valve. None of the Yugoslavian ones had chrome line bores, including their AK 47's
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

Yeah, it doesn't have chromed bore or barrel but I haven't had any problems with corrosion, and I shoot the Yugo because the Russian and Albanian are safe queens. If I could only have one SKS of the highest quality, it would be a Russian but if I wanted to get the best quality for lowest money the Chinese would be the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#15]
A decent Chinese type 56 is the way to go, but variety is the spice of life..

And the newest an m59...
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top