Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2019 10:31:05 AM EDT
Found This on Reddit.

Can use Eva straight rod grips as cheek covers.

.5" should fit the bone steel stock. Tube measured 9/16" so an 8/16" cover should be really snug.
.75" should fit the ace LTD stock

6" seems perfect on the shorter bone steel. You may have to cut/trim for the other length/Ace stock.

Bonesteel sells a cheek cover but it's cut down the middle. I'd rather hammer out a roll pin, slide the cover on and reinstall. Not a fan of glue.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I found the Delrin rod on my ACE more comfortable than a pad. My cheeks aren't bony, and I've got a short beard, and for me sometimes the pad can pull beard hairs worse than a Magpul stock.

Now if you find something with the cushion of open cell foam, but without the grippiness, I would probably try it out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are cool, but wow, $7 shipping for a light $2.75 6" foamy.

I'll stay with paracord.

Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those are cool, but wow, $7 shipping for a light $2.75 6" foamy.

I'll stay with paracord.

http://i63.tinypic.com/5uqybo.jpg
View Quote
I ordered a few different sizes for various projects. Shipping stayed about the same.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for posting. Its a smart idea for a simple fix of an existing issue.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top