Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2021 1:04:02 PM EDT
I have a Norinco Mak 90 that at one time someone cut the lower handguard retainer off and I do not want to go through the trouble to have a nother one pressed on.
Does anyone here Know of a good bolton lower handguard retainer that can work for me.
I have been told that Chinese Mak 90s have larger diameter barrels any and all help is greatly appreciated.

JG10mm
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at SLR Rifle works "S" versions of handguards. You will have to purchase the railed gas block with the handguard as the handguard will need something to stabilize it since the retainer for the handguard was removed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at SLR Rifle works "S" versions of handguards. You will have to purchase the railed gas block with the handguard as the handguard will need something to stabilize it since the retainer for the handguard was removed.
View Quote

He wouldn't have to get the railed gas tube. If you order any of the SLR AK rails without a tube it comes with a cap that allows it to clamp onto the barrel.

OP, your barrel should take Type 3/milled pattern parts. The handguard retainer journal should be around 18mm in diameter if I remember correctly (measure yours first). Dinzag Arms makes bolt on retainers in various sizes. Contact him and see if has one in the size you need or if he can make one:

http://www.dinzagarms.com/
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Push the pins and pull the blocks to put it on right.  If you have close to the right tools it can be done in 20.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top