Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2018 11:18:10 PM EDT
Recently came across a SLR-106FR at a LGS. My knowledge on this particular model is very limited. I do recall hearing about people having issues with this model in the past. Can anyone elaborate more on this?

Also, upon inspection of the rifle, I noticed the front trunnion had a noticeable gap from where it sits in the receiver channel. Specifically, I am talking about the area near the barrel pin. The gap is in between the front trunnion and receiver (portion where the barrel pin is driven in). Is this normal for AK rifle?
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]
The possible issues you bring up aside, the factory Gen 2 Bulgarian Circle 10 magazines are difficult to come by, and only on the secondary market.  If I didn’t already have a bunch, I would have never bought a 106.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
K-Var does have mags: http://www.k-var.com/magazine-556x45-30rd-circle-10-waffle-pattern-clear-reinforced-polymer-arsenal-bg

Ain't cheap, but they are in stock. As far as a gap between the trunnion and receiver, there are some small gaps near the corners where the sheet steel doesn't follow th 90 degree corner of the trunnion. But those gaps aren't very big...

AJ
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The Polish 5.56 mags work great in my 106F, and are a little less expensive than the Circle 10's.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Polish 5.56 mags work great in my 106F, and are a little less expensive than the Circle 10's.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/DannyBoy340/20180511_180506.jpg
View Quote
I would be running the FB Radom 5.56 mags if I were to pick the rifle up.

The gap is the biggest I've ever seen on a AK. I could see light coming thru the other side.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
No offense meant but from your description I'm not sure what gap you're talking about.

A lot of people get tripped up over the gap between the front trunnion and the rear sight block, shown here. This is totally normal. Is this what you're talking about?

Link Posted: 5/20/2018 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, that gap in the above pic is to allow for tolerance in the barrel assy and the receiver. The barrel is built up separately from the receiver and then press fit into the receiver until the gauge in the chamber matches the headspace set by the locking lug location on the trunnion. The barrel and trunnion are then drilled and pinned.

That way the factory didn't have to hold tight specifications for the location of the rear sight block, chamber finished depth, and trunnion in relation to each other.

AJ
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No offense meant but from your description I'm not sure what gap you're talking about.

A lot of people get tripped up over the gap between the front trunnion and the rear sight block, shown here. This is totally normal. Is this what you're talking about?

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2ikurgl.jpg
View Quote
Yes. That is the gap I'm talking about.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top