Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2020 3:56:26 AM EDT
Ok guys, I just bought one of these rifles from Atlantic. What can I expect from this piece of hardware? I've prety much watched all the videos and the consensus is that these are probably some of the best AKs on the market. I've been looking for a Yugo/Zastava off and on for a while. It wasn't until Saturday when my friend called asking about Aks that my interest ramped up a bit. I found the Arsenal and after doing some research I decided to buy it.
If I want to change out the plastic to wood where could I find the furniture? Am I restricted to only Arsenal wood or will regular wood work, so long as it's for milled receivers?
I'd also like a bayo for it but can't seem to find the proper Kvar one. Any hints on where to find one?
Thanks!

Rifle
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Fantastic rifle I miss the living shit out of my UF version

Attachment Attached File

The SAM should take any standard handguard that’s made for a milled gun or if you find some stamped recover wood the only difference is the block of wood that goes into the receiver is lager the sam I had in the pic has a handguard from a stamped gun you just have to remove some wood and it will fit tighter then a frogs ass

If your guna ditch the plastic no reason to get the matching bayonet any standard AKM bayonet should fit as long as you keep the original brake on the rifle
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I'm still  not too sure about replacing the furniture, just want to know what my options are. Thanks for the info, very helpful! Very nice rifle too.
I like the shape of the newer bayos, so I might stick with the origional stocks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Just noticed that I got the "E" type. Is this a good "enhancement" as opposed to the standard 2-hook type?
Dang, I sure like the looks of the non-E trigger better.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:
Just noticed that I got the "E" type. Is this a good "enhancement" as opposed to the standard 2-hook type?
View Quote

Not sure I didn’t even know that was a thing

The normal SAM trigger is a pretty damn good AK trigger
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

That's what I've been hearing all over the net. I guess Arsenal isn't selling the non-enhanced untits anymore. At least that's the way that I read it. Who Knows?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I replied in another thread that I had handled the Enhanced model and I own an SLR-101S which is what a SAM7 made before 2014 was called before Arsenal changed the name.

The trigger on the 84E is worse than the factory Arsenal trigger, which itself is a phenomenal trigger.  The pull weight on my SLR-101S is 3.5lb, which is nuts for a factory AK trigger.  The "E" trigger feels heavier and gritter.  Not sure why Arsenal decided to change it unless it's something to do with 922r.  Other than that the rest of the gun seems unchanged.

As for OP, what you are getting is one of the most well made AKs there is.  Don't get too hung up on the trigger because that is relatively cheap and easy to replace with something like an ALG if you don't end up liking it.  Everything else is the same Arsenal milled quality that so many know and appreciate.  Ron from Battlefield Vegas said in another thread that the Arsenal milled receivers are one of the only AK receivers that have never failed and they have well over 100,000 rounds through them.  I believe he also said they made it to 100k on the barrels before replacing them due to really bad keyholing.  Not that many of us would ever put 100k through out rifles, but I know me and many others just appreciate a rifle that will last the test of time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:47:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raygixxer89] [#7]
That's what I've been reading. I was actually looking for a Yugo but none are around. I started doing research on this one because that was all that was available at Atlantic. Glad I got it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
That's what I've been reading. I was actually looking for a Yugo but none are around. I started doing research on this one because that was all that was available at Atlantic. Glad I got it.
View Quote

You made a great choice.  And the value will only likely go up on them as well depending on how things go with imports in the future.  A few months ago SAM7SF rifles were going for almost $3,000 on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:29:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raygixxer89] [#9]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

You made a great choice.  And the value will only likely go up on them as well depending on how things go with imports in the future.  A few months ago SAM7SF rifles were going for almost $3,000 on Gunbroker.
View Quote

Thanks for info. I'm  pretty excited. I've been wanting a rifle for awhile and have just been putting it off. Funny, if my friend hadn't mentioned wanting to buy one I probably wouldn't have done the research on it. I'll say this, there are NO ak rifles out there for sale! Well, maybe used ones. But brand new? Nope.
ETA: I've been looking for a Yugo AK rifle to go with my Yugo M92.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Meant to respond to your other question earlier about the wood.

Ironwood Designs and Comblock Customs both make wood for the SAM7.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey, cool. Thanks! I'm liking those sets in the second link. Sold out, too. I might order a set.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top