Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2020 9:24:36 AM EDT
KNS shows two pistons for the PSL, large bore and small bore.

Here is what they say on their website about this. I highlighted the interesting comment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Small Bore/Caliber pistons are for .223, 5.56mm, and 5.45mm. They work better in AK's of ALL CALIBERS with less excess gas.
Large Bore/Caliber pistons are for 7.6239, .308, and 7.62x54r.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as far as I know, the PSL only came with a 30cal bore, so large bore piston seems like the obvious choice, but then they made that comment that the small bore piston works better for all calibers.

Have any of you guys used the small bore piston with 7.62x54R? If so, how does it work with various ammo?

I'll be mostly shooting milsurp 147gr Czech silvertip and Romanian LPZs, but I do have some surplus 180gr Romanian and Hungarian that I use with my bolt action M39s.

I'll ask KNS about this too, but I wanted to hear comment from the shooters too.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
i would go with the large bore. I also have a psl and have considering the piston change myself. Post if you hear anything from kns.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top