Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2020 7:12:30 AM EDT
I currently have a US Machinegun no-drill folding brace on mine, but I’m looking for a sturdier option. It’s weak point is the folding mechanism.

I don’t think there are any out of the box solutions. Most will involve a 1913 or pignose adapters to buffer tube adapter attached via the pistol grip.

Has anyone set one up?

As an aside, I’m not opposed to drilling but with the Stormerkz option it seems like you have to stack several items to fold and correct the angle unless you go 1913, and the CNC/Bonesteel folder has a 2 1/2 month lead time, which is a bit much for me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO the US Machinegun folder setup is a real bitch to fold at least mine is.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
just drilled, it easy..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a fan of the pic rail thing. CNC is worth the money and the wait. Order, wait, drill.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of the pic rail thing. CNC is worth the money and the wait. Order, wait, drill.
View Quote

I'm super jazzed about the Bonesteel/CNC and won't mind the wait if I do order one, but am kinda hesitant to just dill willy-nilly. Does it come with a template or something?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm super jazzed about the Bonesteel/CNC and won't mind the wait if I do order one, but am kinda hesitant to just dill willy-nilly. Does it come with a template or something?
View Quote

They have a drill setup they sell seperately for like $20. It's apparently insanely easy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]
It's easy to drill the hole.
Take the guts out, put it in a vice with wood or plastic jaws, measure carefully, I think 1/2" from bottom in middle, mark it, punch it, drill a small pilot hole, drill the bigger size (I think 3/8").
Use a variable speed drill on a slow speed so you don't work-harden the metal. There are videos.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They have a drill setup they sell seperately for like $20. It's apparently insanely easy.
View Quote

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll probably get one after the holidays.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Yup. Exact same setup I'm using. No mods to gun required and it is rock solid.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top