Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2018 4:53:54 PM EDT
I just received my long awaited Rifle. I spent a fait amount for it because I wanted a Russian made AK and the supplies are dwindling Very fast. It is doubtful that The sanctions on Russia will or can be lifted because of the current political climate. I have Always used high quality ammunition in all my rifles and handguns. Much like a very nice car, what you feed it will have a huge impact on the operation of the rifle. This is my First AK-47 and I plan on only feeding it Brass cases ammunition.  I have used "Geco" Brand ammunition in the past and I feel it is of Decent quality, Burns pretty clean and shoots well  enough as far as accuracy goes. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Please do offer opinions. Thanks guys, your thoughts are appreciated !!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The Vepr is a  semi auto RPK with a shortened barrel,  that's designed for steel case ammunition and that's what I shoot in mine as well as my other AK variants including an Arsenal SAM7R, which is another premium rifle.

If you want to baby your AKs you can shoot Wolf steel case copper jacket but it's really not necessary unless your range requires it.

I started shooting copper jacket in my NPAP since it doesn't have a chrome lined barrel; it's costing me an extra $50/1000 and I'm probably gaining nothing.

Good steel case  7.62 is inexpensive, pick up several cases.

I don't shoot steel case in my ARs, but seriously, your Veper is designed for it and you'll be achieving nothing by shooting expensive brass case in it.

Good luck with your new rifle and welcome to the AK world.

Eta: post up some pictures.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The Vepr was spoon fed, on steel cased ammo.
No issues using steel cased.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this your first AK?  Shooting brass will make it very expensive as you can get a case of steel cased for under $200.  AKs were made to eat steel case.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top