Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2021 12:37:46 AM EDT
Installed my front trunnion today after I installed it I noticed that one side isn’t flush with the receiver and is sticking out. Is this bad? should I remove the rivets and some how drill new holes or should I start with a whole new receiver? Also how do this rivets look?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
It depends. If everything mocks up and fits, then it is probably not a problem. How does your handguard look? It looks like you build like me. I install the trunnion and then headslace the barrel. I hate pressing out a headspaced barrel if I don't have to.

The rivets look fine. The thing to check is if there is a gap between the rivet head and receiver. That means you didn't get the rivet pushed all of the way in flush. That could be a problem and if any are not flush with the receiver, I would redo them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Front four are flush rear two are not
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:33:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Here it is with the hand guard mocked up. Right side is the one that isn’t flush
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately your picture isn't showing for me.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top