Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2022 10:10:22 AM EDT
I have a bone stock Romarms mini with the laminate handguard. Can anyone recommend an aftermarket handguard? I'd also like rail options for an optic. Doesn't have to be one in the same. Maybe a brace as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]

I received a micro draco as a gift, and felt the need to upgrade it to make it at least somewhat useful.

I used the following

US machine gun Jam nut

Stormwerkz picatiny adapter

The stormwerks is the one requiring you to drill a hole in the rear trunion, which isn’t hard, but is permanent. The other option would be the grip secured SBA version.

SBA triangle brace

The above mentioned SLR ion micro draco handguard

And a very old krink style brake I’ve had for years in the parts box.  I wanted this brake’s top vents to extend slightly beyond the end of the handguard, hence the jam nut, with rockset, which still didn’t prove to be secure enough.

I shot this for the first time a few weeks ago. It’s maybe the most blasty little gun I own.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86022/3F8CEF94-C405-48F2-AE3A-E43C1D2BC632-2504561.jpg

I received a micro draco as a gift, and felt the need to upgrade it to make it at least somewhat useful.

I used the following

US machine gun Jam nut

Stormwerkz picatiny adapter

The stormwerks is the one requiring you to drill a hole in the rear trunion, which isn’t hard, but is permanent. The other option would be the grip secured SBA version.

SBA triangle brace

The above mentioned SLR ion micro draco handguard

And a very old krink style brake I’ve had for years in the parts box.  I wanted this brake’s top vents to extend slightly beyond the end of the handguard, hence the jam nut, with rockset, which still didn’t prove to be secure enough.

I shot this for the first time a few weeks ago. It’s maybe the most blasty little gun I own.

View Quote

What's the handguard, Magpul?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
No its the SLR ion micro draco from the link the guy above me posted.  It's a pretty nice one, fit well.

The whole process wasn't too bad, just drilling the hole in the rear trunion was the most annoying, but really a 10-20 minute task if you have the tools handy.  I put it in a vise to drill it.  

The gun is so very blasty.  Functioned fine though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Damn man, the handguard and top cover would cost more than the firearm.

ETA: but I appreciate the feedback.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top