Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2020 10:48:51 AM EDT
I've made a few posts recently about my foray into ak building. My first phase of mods are nearly complete. I've pressed on the gas block. However, it is canted. What is the best method for adjusting it? I have not drilled and pinned yet. So far I've tried a rubber mallet, and I've tried locking the rear sight block in a vise and prying it with no effect. It is very close, I measured the gap on the left as .06 inches.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I would put the barrel in a vee block and use a brass drift punch to move the gb. Don't hit the ears obviously

It may also help to heat the gb with a torch to get it to expand at the collar.

Ba careful trying to pry against the RSB since it's mostly hollow and can bend if trying to pry against it
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only once ever had a FSB that wouldn't move with a rubber mallet and that was a Chinese. Use heat as stated above.

BTW, that looks like it's gonna be a nice stick, post pics when done.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Not finished, but getting closer. Excuse the handguards, the Russian postal service sucks.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind/material grip are you waiting on?

So far so good.
View Quote

Zenitco rails. This is going to be a loosely "alpha" inspired build. Really, it's going to be a tacticool suppressed deer hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top