Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2022 1:03:41 PM EDT
I know, dumb question, but I have a budget in mind, and I've been looking at the barreled action.  What's stopping me is the nitride barrel.  Love to have a CFH, but the price is giving me pause.  Would love for PSA to do GF4 barreled action so I can Johnny Cash it.

What is the trade off with nitride over CHF with 7.62x39?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
My brother has a gf3 and I have a gf5. No experience with the gf4. If I were you, I’d try to save up for the gf5 as it is extremely accurate. Idk how FN does it. Personally, I would only consider buying the FN barrel versions that PSA sells.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Nitride is the surface treatment. The CHF Barrels are chrome lined. The nitrided barrels are nitrided. I'd research nitrided versus chrome lined and make a decision. Cold Hammer Forged is the manufacturing process. It will improve barrel life and how it reacts to heat.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top