Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2021 3:59:36 PM EDT
Hello, I recently bought a zpap and installed the ALG Akt-EL and ALG enhanced hammer spring. I had to fit the roll pin to the safety which I didn’t have an issue with but after shooting it today for the first time I found the trigger having issues with reset to the point I would have to push the trigger forward a few times. Upon inspecting the trigger set I noticed that the tail of the disconnector is coming into contact with the rear trigger guard rivet. I know it’s common so I did some googling but couldn’t find how people solve this issue. A few post talked about cutting off the tail and not filing the rivet. Anyone have suggestions to solve this issue. I’m leaning toward cutting off approx 2/3 of the tail to prevent them from touching. I think I would rather do this then change the rifle permanently. I watched the Mr Gunsandgear install video on this trigger and noticed his rear rivet was smashed down from the disconnector tail hitting it. Do people just leave this alone and let it clearance itself? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't answer your question.  But I just purchased two of them.  One is going in a slr106fr.  I have the same question. I'm tagging this thread.   Wardawg
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#2]
having that rivet is more for FA applications. Trigger slap can occur with the rivet.

Modify the disconnector and not the rifle like you suggested OP. Google pics of the G2 trigger or other US trigger groups and you will see most do not have the tail on the disconnector.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#3]
According to ALG they want you to remove material from the rivet, not the trigger parts. Easy does it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to ALG they want you to remove material from the rivet, not the trigger parts. Easy does it.
View Quote

Thank you, I did see that in the instructions but I still feel removing material from the trigger is better then removing it from the rivet. I ordered a replacement AKT-EL just in case from palmetto for $59.

Today I saw the new battle arms trigger for $55 and immediately noticed no tail on their disconnector. I ordered one of those and I’m going to try it before doing anything else. I’m excited to see how this new trigger feels and functions. I’ll prob return or sell off the new akt-el coming in the mail and then just hang on to the one I have now. I really enjoy this part of the process with this hobby. Expensive but fun. Lol
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I installed one on my Slr106 today. I didn't measure anything. I did look at the gap. It installed easily.  It's a very light trigger.  I might install the extra axillary spring and see how much it changes.  I like it.  The safety works and the trigger sets when I rack the action  .  Trigger slap  . I'll find out    .  Wardawg
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok I had a slow day. I went back and set up the safety like Alg instructions state.  I pressed the pin into the safety contact hole and filed to fit approved.010 gap.  The rivet has the height of .160 “  I’m going to shoot it and see.  I also added the axillary spring to add to the pull weight.  I honestly can’t really tell a difference. The ALG is smooth and light. We’ll see , WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ok I had a slow day. I went back and set up the safety like Alg instructions state.  I pressed the pin into the safety contact hole and filed to fit approved.010 gap.  The rivet has the height of .160 “  I’m going to shoot it and see.  I also added the axillary spring to add to the pull weight.  I honestly can’t really tell a difference. The ALG is smooth and light. We’ll see , WarDawg
View Quote

Did you check to see if you have contact between the tail of the disconnector and the rear trigger guard rivet?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Did you check to see if you have contact between the tail of the disconnector and the rear trigger guard rivet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.  It has a gap. Even with trigger squeezed and through full cycle . There is clearance.  Minimal. But it’s not contacting.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Be a cold day in hell before I start grinding on the rivets of my $2000.00 firearms to fix the engineering fuckups of a cheap trigger.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
.  It has a gap. Even with trigger squeezed and through full cycle . There is clearance.  Minimal. But it’s not contacting.  
View Quote

I didn’t have any contact either when hand cycling the bolt. I think what happens is the disconnector flys fully rearward when it gets smacked by the hammer during a firing cycle. This causes the disconnector to fully open and then contact between the disconnector and rivet is made. I found the contact manually while dropping the hammer and fully pressing the trigger and holding it to the rear. I manually articulate the disconnector as far back as it will go and it comes into contact with the rivet. Again I’m not sure it this is by design to prevent slap or what but with 120rd though the rifle there a very noticeable impression in the rivet.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I wanted to give a small review of the Battle Arms trigger I ordered and received to try since it doesn’t have the tail on the disconnector. I installed the trigger straight forward, I really didn’t like it overall. While the captured disconnector is nice and the trigger shoe feels good it’s more of an upgrade to a oem trigger then an enhanced one. With the safety engaged I was not confident the trigger couldn’t be pulled as there was minimal trigger hook keeping it retained, the fit between the safety and trigger was poor and allowed a lot of movement. Additionally the fit for the trigger pin to the trigger / disconnector bushing was poor and the trigger had a lot of front to rear movement while being depressed, approx 1/16 inch. Maybe this was just due to my zpap but either way I didn’t like it. To the equipment exchange it goes. I’ll stick with the ALG with a cut down tail.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wanted to give a small review of the Battle Arms trigger I ordered and received to try since it doesn’t have the tail on the disconnector. I installed the trigger straight forward, I really didn’t like it overall. While the captured disconnector is nice and the trigger shoe feels good it’s more of an upgrade to a oem trigger then an enhanced one. With the safety engaged I was not confident the trigger couldn’t be pulled as there was minimal trigger hook keeping it retained, the fit between the safety and trigger was poor and allowed a lot of movement. Additionally the fit for the trigger pin to the trigger / disconnector bushing was poor and the trigger had a lot of front to rear movement while being depressed, approx 1/16 to 1/18 inch. Maybe this was just due to my zpap but either way I didn’t like it. To the equipment exchange it goes. I’ll stick with the ALG with a cut down tail.
View Quote

Great I ordered two of them today.  Thanks for your honest reveiw.  Wardawg
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Great I ordered two of them today.  Thanks for your honest reveiw.  Wardawg
View Quote

I’m interested to see how it fits on your SLR106 if that’s what you plan to install it in. It could be just my zpap is just to different and more standard type rifles fit fine. You know how these yugo rifles make everything tougher.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 5:50:21 AM EDT
[#14]
You could try a different safety lever . As far as the gap goes. There is a video with mr. Geisel giving instructions on how to get their recommended gap with the pin. It’s very easy.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You could try a different safety lever . As far as the gap goes. There is a video with mr. Geisel giving instructions on how to get their recommended gap with the pin. It’s very easy.
View Quote

The safety fit on the ALG is great, I was referring to the Battle Arms BAD trigger. The only issue I have with the ALG is the disconnector tail which strikes the rear trigger guard rivet. I have the ALG EL set up with the extra spring and the ALG hammer spring. I like the trigger pull and trigger bow. Hopefully with removing the tail on the disconnector I don’t have an adverse affects and no longer have the concern with the rivet.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Please post back on how it shoots with tail removed. I should have worded it better.  Your battle arms trigger gap is two big for your comfort. Another safety lever might be longer and shrink the excessive gap.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Please post back on how it shoots with tail removed. I should have worded it better.  Your battle arms trigger gap is two big for your comfort. Another safety lever might be longer and shrink the excessive gap.
View Quote

Yes, but the issue I run into is the zpap’s have the thicker 1.5mm receiver and most safety’s I tried won’t rotate without fitting. But either way, today I shot the rifle with zero issues. I made sure to bend the hammer spring legs down a little when installing the ALG back into the receiver. I cut the tail just what need to be removed to clear the rivet and had no reset issues today all all. Shot like a dream. Very happy now.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I just don't understand why ALG won't reshape the hammer or ease up on the hardness because they supposedly mushroom the living fuck out of the bolt carrier tail.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I installed one on my SLR106FR about 4 years ago and after I did a Surefire Academy AK Operator's Course at Pro in Vegas 2015. The stock trigger had around 500 - 700 rounds on it before the course and that 2 days in Vegas, we put about 2K down range. I maybe have 500 thru it with the ALG but I cannot notice any excessive wear or peening on rivets or tail. Safety is the Krebs style that Brownells used to stock 5- 7 years ago. It is an almost "Too Light" trigger. I haven't decided if I really like it yet but going back to the stock trigger has crossed my mind. Half of the guys that work for Hiperfire are in my Unit. They have been working on an AK trigger for some time and I'll most likely get one to "T&E"

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I’m interested to see how it fits on your SLR106 if that’s what you plan to install it in. It could be just my zpap is just to different and more standard type rifles fit fine. You know how these yugo rifles make everything tougher.
View Quote

Finally got to shoot the slr 106 with alg installed. 150 rounds through it. I absolutely love this trigger. I didn’t feel any trigger slap .  I do have the auxiliary spring installed with it. The trigger is superb. Cheers WarDawg
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top