Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2020 10:46:02 PM EDT
I just got this trigger delivered today from PSA and this seems to be all that's done to modify it for use in the AK-V. Not that PSA charges some big mark up over a stock ALG trigger, because they don't at all. But if you can't find one in stock at PSA, this is all that needs to be done. Just pick one up where you can and take it to a sanding belt or a dotco with a sanding disc for a few swipes and you're good to go, not much to it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess they refinished mine before they sent it.

It was all one color, black.

I was looking to see myself what the mod was and never could tell since I didn't have a second one to look at.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah it's just the little bit of material ALG adds where the roll pin goes to fit the safety. ALG says since there's so much variation between different AKs it's required to have this to ensure your safety functions correctly. I had quite a bit of filing to do when I installed one in my SLR-106, which is odd because that is one model ALG says you shouldn't have to fit.

In concern to the AK-V, I guess it's an absolute non-issue for them since they just mill this part off? I will say that even though the trigger feels very noticebly better than the stock one, it does not feel as good as it does in my SLR. There's a lot more creep and what feels like stacking before the trigger breaks. In addition to that, the trigger seemed hesitant to reset af first. As I worked the bolt and dry fired repeatedly it freed up and probably will as I shoot it more and more.

I do have the ALG High Energy main spring installed on my SLR whereas I have the stock one in the AK-V.  It is a cheap enough part so I will try the ALG spring and see if that improves the feel.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been wondering what PSA might have been doing to "mod" the ALG trigger for the AK-V.  I put a standard ALG trigger in my AK-V a year ago and didn't have to modify anything.  It just dropped right in.  Works well too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been wondering what PSA might have been doing to "mod" the ALG trigger for the AK-V.  I put a standard ALG trigger in my AK-V a year ago and didn't have to modify anything.  It just dropped right in.  Works well too.
View Quote

Yes it seems strange that they even do that, considering the minimal amount of material that is removed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone have a working picture of or a description of the differences that make up the AKV mod? The photos in this thread sound like they are exactly what I am looking for but they aren’t loading/ working.

I already picked up an alg akt-el but couldn’t find the AKV modded one for sale. Was hoping to do the mod before the gun shows up later this week.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
So is the roll pin on the trigger used when its installed in the AK-V?
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So is the roll pin on the trigger used when its installed in the AK-V?
View Quote

Nope
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top