Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2018 9:38:15 AM EDT
I tried to install an ALG AK trigger in my Arsenal 107F last night and got through most of it by watching some videos on youtube and reading the instructions but the trigger doesn't work.  When the hooked part of the disconnector is fully engaged with the shelf on the hammer and I pull the trigger nothing happens.  If the disconnector is not fully engaged then when I pull the trigger the hammer releases.  I reinstalled the disconnector several times to make sure the spring was in there correctly and it has a little bit of spring tension but not much travel when the trigger is stuck and won't release the hammer.

I may be getting some of my terminology wrong but here are some videos I made to show what's happening.  The first video shows when the trigger is stuck and the second shows when it releases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ScscRwkP6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzZmtCYkoPI

Any help is appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The vid is too short to be able to see what’s going on, but it may be the safety roll pin being setup wrong.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I tried to install an ALG AK trigger in my Arsenal 107F
View Quote
There are some known issues with the AKT and Aresenals. Is there interference between the disconnector tail and the rivet? In Arsenals that rivet can be a little on the large side and cause issues. The fix is filing down the rivet if there's contact.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't think it has anything to do with the safety roll pin since the safety is completely removed in those videos.  When you rack the charging handle back the disconnector catches the hammer.  When I pull the trigger the disconnector is not releasing the hammer.

Here's a slightly longer video showing if I only lightly engage the hammer/disconnector when I pull the trigger it releases but if I fully engage it then it's stuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4O_irQZQeE
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not seeing any contact between the rivet which is a flat not a domed rivet.  It's possible it's contacting the tail, I may have to cut off the tail of the disconnector
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't think it has anything to do with the safety roll pin since the safety is completely removed in those videos.  When you rack the charging handle back the disconnector catches the hammer.  When I pull the trigger the disconnector is not releasing the hammer.

Here's a slightly longer video showing if I only lightly engage the hammer/disconnector when I pull the trigger it releases but if I fully engage it then it's stuck.

View Quote
You posted a 4sec video, there’s not much of anything to see in that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you look at the second link?  It's a 22 second video.

Tried to embed that, didn't work.  dryflash
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I reinstalled the FGC and now when I cycle the charging handle and pull the trigger and left off before I charge the gun again it cycles properly.  If I leave my finger on the trigger and charge it then let it out for a reset it does not reset.  I have to manually push the back of the trigger towards the muzzle end to get it to reset.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Your disco is bumping a rivet. If you actually read the install instructions that came with the trigger they detail this known issue.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Those rivets in Arsenals are too tall.
RobSki cuts the tail off of the ALG disconnector, so I did too.
Works fine.
In another, I used a Tapco G2 disconnector and cut (shortened) the tube that goes inside over the trigger pin. Works fine. Had to try it after seeing a YouTube on it. This school of thought was that the G2 disconnector was meatier and a stronger part which had no tail to impact on the rivet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:29:43 AM EDT
[#10]
It wasn’t the rivets the hammer spring had to be bent
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome. Glad you got it fixed. How'd you get it figured out?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Called ALG customer service they were great
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top