Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2020 2:14:41 PM EDT
Trying to decide between these two mounts for a primary arms GLX 2x.  

The AK master mount has a full version and a short which I like, but it seems the short version doesn’t have much rail, and I’m afraid the scope sits too far back from what I’ve seen in videos.   But maybe that’s a good spot for it, but having all that rail with the full version or Midwest rail just to mount it in the very back.... I might as well get the Master short version.
 I will only use this scope for this rifle, I’ve never scoped the AK before, or shot it yet, So not sure where it’s supposed to go, but seems that this set up the scopes it’s pretty far back.
So either the short a KeyMaster mount or the Midwest industries mount with a little more rail and still a solid one piece, any suggestions?
I will not get the RS regulate, I do not like the two piece system, and this PSAK103 Is well-made.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on the eye relief of the optic, iirc that particular optic has pretty generous eye relief, but I don't know for sure. If you want to be sure then look at the manual for the optic to see what the recommended eye relief is and then see where that would put it when you shoulder the rifle, that will tell you if you need a full rail or if the rear biased rail would work.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:41:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top