Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2023 10:01:20 PM EDT
What flash hiders are recommended for AKs (7.62x39, M14-1 LH threads)? Also, what sort of performance can I expect out of them? This is ideally for night shooting; some AR flash hiders I’ve seen on 16” barrels are virtually flash-free even under NVGs so I was wondering if I could approach that with an AK?

It would appear that ammo also plays a large factor - how is surplus Yugo M67 compared to, say, cheap Wolf or Tula steel case?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Dead Air Keymo, with a Surefire 3 prong close 2nd

You’re welcome
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Smith makes a flash hider in 14x1 and they usually are the best for 5.56x45, maybe it translates to 7.62x39 as well.  $100 though.

Smith Enterprise Vortex Flash Hider AK-47, AK-74 M14x1 LH Steel Nitride 6026-V A3

Low risk at $20, the Damage Industries Three Prong Compensator, AK47 14-1 LH Thread, Bayonet Compatible MAG or BLACK.  I own one but I couldn't get my bayonet on it.  Maybe I got the $40 shipped by mistake?

I also own the Dead Air flash hider mentioned above.  Looks like the cheaper places are all out of stock, but available for $90.

Not sure how these perform in low light but usually the pronged devices do okay.  You're right that ammo will play a part too but I don't know enough about it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:58:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the AAC Blackout flash hider 7.62 14x1 LH. I love it.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn’t know AAC made a flash hider for AKs, that’s really cool. I enjoy my “tuning forks” very much

Looks like it’s sadly out of production but I wonder if new-AAC will bring that back. I also hope for a new production 51T Brakeout 2.0; I actually like that device though I concede it’s not the optimum for most use cases.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Jmac makes a 4 prong G36 style. They also offer a varany that cuts down on muzzle rise. Basically the bottom prong has less of an opening. It's more like a 3 1/2 prong lol.

I went with the shorter version

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Just ordered one of these to try out on my Jack 5.56.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top