Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2022 12:58:59 PM EDT
I'm looking to pick up some 7.62x39 ak mags for a PSA I just finished.

Are the AC unity 7.62x39 ak mags reliable? Has anyone here had any experience or issues with them?
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#1]
They are tight fitting initially but are fine after snapping in & out a few times.  Not sure how durable in the long run, but certainly good enough for range use.  Plenty cheap, much better magazine than Matra.

There’s another thread about them around here somewhere ……
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried searching, but didn't come up with anything
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried searching, but didn't come up with anything
View Quote

That happens a lot
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some that fit really tight in my GF3. I’m going to file the down this spring when it warms up and I can work in my garage. Once I get them to fit I’ll run them as I do all my other mags. Long term I don’t see them being something that will stick around like a steal magazine but they seem good for what they are. Maybe they’ll prove me wrong and out last me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:18:33 AM EDT
[#5]
There was a thread here a couple years back IIRC. The general consensus was that they were reliable range mags, might need fitting for use in some rifles, good deal for the money, BUT not durable enough for hard/combat use.

No personal experience, but I have a good friend that does a lot of biz with RTG. He bought a bunch of the 7.62 mags from Robert and really likes them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I got some of the first batch mags, without the BHO followers.

No functional issues, and no mods needed to fit my WASR, Draco or AK63DS.

I will say that when empty, they have more side flex than a Magpul PMAG MOE poly AK mag.

While I got no complaints against the Magpuls, these were much cheaper and have metal reinforcements at the front & back which beats the MOEs. Even the more expensive reinforced PMAGs aren’t reinforced both front & back...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought some of the bulk 30 rounder's and 40 rounder's from RTG and they just got here today. They will fit in My Zpap m70, they have some mag wobble if you care about that, but any magazine I've tested so far wobbles in my Zpap.

They will not fit in my Wasr 10/63 at all, even forcing them. The rear of the feed lips seem to stick out to much for my rifles magwell.

I wouldn't buy them again because the shipping to me was a little pricey and for around the same price I can get the steel Koreans and they fit all my rifles.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a few, they seem to be Ok, but I had one that stopped feeding.  The follower would bind up on the inside of the mag body.  It had zero dirt in it.  
They do tend to fit very tight in one of my guns.

I couldn't figure out a reason for it to stop working, but it probably malfunctioned 20 times in 30 rounds.  So I destroyed it.

That being said, I have about 8 more, and they haven't presented any problems.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#9]
There's several types of AC Unity AK mags.

There's the Gen 1 with the normal base plate
Theres a weird German windowless model of the above.
There's a gen 2 with a built in thick floor plate with included BHO and normal followers, with the window.
I had the Gen 1 and still have the gen 2.

No problem with mine. I tried dropping one of mine onto concrete several times. Seems sturdy enough as compared to Bulgarian poly, Magpul Z mags, Bulgarian circle 10 waffles. I've been using them for months now.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top