Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2019 11:24:59 AM EDT
I found an ammo can of mixed 7.62x39 ammo and in it were these two 10 round sealed packs marked as such.  Anything interesting about these. I believe I got the can years ago when I traded for an SKS .  I no longer have any 7.62x39.

thanks

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
East German short-range training ammunition with a plastic core.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
East German "Ubung" practice ammunition. They are not "short range", rather they are "reduced range" allowing them to be used at ranges with limited downrange danger space. They were used out to 500-600 meters, requiring a increased rear sight adjustment for longer ranges. A informational sheet to this effect was packed with each crate.

The projectile is approx. 62 gr. with a chemically blackened steel jacket and plastic core. The primers are corrosive. These projectiles are just as dangerous as regular ball ammunition and I have personally shot them through 6-8" diameter trees.

Back when they were dirt cheap, it was good blasting ammo. Very little collector value, but a unique item to have.

There is a tracer version, identified by an all-green lacquered projectile, but I have not seen any in shooter quantities...
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top