User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone know anything new on the barrel ban?

No, but the kits didn't seem to jump in price after January 1rst.  I'm not sure if that means anything.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone know anything new on the barrel ban?

No, but the kits didn't seem to jump in price after January 1rst.  I'm not sure if that means anything.

I was thinking the same thing.  A lot of people advertising "last kits with barrels- new ones can't have them!" but with the exception of a small batch of AMD-65 kits sans-barrels  that came through between the first ATF letter and the "clarification" letter (Boy, if there ever has been a use for parenthesis arounda  word, that was it!) no other kits have been imported since the second letter.

My gut reaction is that if they could no longer import kits with barrels at all, prices would have jumped tremednously on all parts kits.  I suspect in the end they just have to do more paperwork now to import them, i.e. designate an end use and add the "not for new rifles, spare parts only!" legalize crap on any ad when they are being sold.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#3]
OK this is really simple I don't see what the debate is....

This is the same as it was before, 922r rules are unchanged, BATF was just looking for a way to wiesal out of there decision....  It was Illegal to assemble a new gun from a parts kit ALREADY, as the finnished gun would be unimportable, thats why we have to add the complience parts so it's US made, and not subject to 922r....  It was illegal to build a FORIEN gun from a parts kit before, and it still is, the parts were imported under the same "repair and replacement" clause before, now they just changed the words repair, and replacement to "duel use", it means the same thing,  just add the complience parts, and it's US made, this ruleing simply says that the importer must inform you of this, Interordinance for instance has had that disclaimer on there website for awhile, it's completely irrelevent if your not an importer, and the importers only have to include a letter telling you what the law is, as for complete parts kits they will still come in the only part that counts is the barrel, comeing with other parts is completely irrelevent, there unregulated, as far as the BATF is conserned there scrap metel, besides there just as "duel use" as the barrel....
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:55:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Edited out.  I shouldn't get mixed up in the legal threads.  Makes my head swim.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top