AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's a Chris Butler krink from his web page.  Looks OK to me.

Me too. That trunnion is correct (3 rivets).

Quoted:
Incorrectly, hardly. That's pretty funny!!!  Half assed, that's even funnier!!!!

If you want to settle for the non-military look, that's your problem. We've already established that 3 rivets is the "correct" way. Any more back-and-forth would be bordering on pissing-contest territory.

Quoted:
Ted Marshall only uses two rivets per side too.

Not from the pics I remember seeing.

OK, now you got me thinking. I'll have to check mine when I get home from work. Here is a pic. of one of Ted's builds.   http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976667515.htm

Edited to add a pic. Here are my four. There are indeed three, two at the front trunnion and one by the mag. well. Don't know what I was originally thinking.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Based on posted data....

"Quoted:
I have 4 Krinks all built by AK-USA. ALL have two rivets on both sides, that's standard procedure when building a Krink Chris Butler says. He wouldn't build them any other way!!"

I call Bullshit.  If this is the case?  Post ONE pic of a Chris Butler build with two rivits.  Yes, I DO intend to forward it on to CB for confirmation that he actually built it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Based on posted data....

"Quoted:
I have 4 Krinks all built by AK-USA. ALL have two rivets on both sides, that's standard procedure when building a Krink Chris Butler says. He wouldn't build them any other way!!"

I call Bullshit.  If this is the case?  Post ONE pic of a Chris Butler build with two rivits.  Yes, I DO intend to forward it on to CB for confirmation that he actually built it.

Re-read my edit's Genius! While your at it look at the pictures I posted too. THREE RIVETS!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Not krinks but all built by Chris:

Three rivets here

Three rivets here

Three rivets here as well

Three rivets here as well

Three rivets is standard for stamped receiver AKs be them krinks or standard rifles
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:44:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I found something with 2 rivets!   Its a factory Izhmash build!

But wait....
Its a BB gun-

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Third Rivet- I think not,.... Crazy Glue!!!

I love when a gunsmith knows better than the original manufacturer, he probably didn't countersink the other rivets either.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#7]
"Re-read my edit's Genius! "

Yup, you win... your last edit was between
Last Edited :: 12/22/2005 4:51:48 PM EST by LUGERMAN
Last Edited :: 12/22/2005 4:53:17 PM EST by LUGERMAN

...and
Last Edited :: 12/22/2005 6:17:12 PM EST by LUGERMAN

A full 1-2 hours before my post ( Posted :: 12/22/2005 6:50:40 PM EST ).    Lesson noted - I'll check the edits before hitting "Post"

Good to see the two rivit stuff retracted... it could end up being dangerous to novice builders.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Are these even importable into the USA? They look evil

They were a couple of years ago until some asswipes actually made a functioning gun out of the receivers.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm thinking about doing that to mine.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top