Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2011 7:05:09 AM EDT
Trying to get a M1 from CMP Sales, and I noticed that part of the application requires a notary. However, the fine print says that a notary is sometimes not required. Can anyone clarify for me when a Notary is required, and when it's not?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
It's been a while.
It might be that for rifles, you need the Notary, but for some of the other items they sell, not so much.
I've bought a lot of rifles and have always had it notarized.
'Borg
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The current form you fill out is retained for a few years by the CMP.
Use the notary for your first order, then the CMP retains the paperwork for a few years (3 years?) for your further orders. When the paperwork gets old, they ask you to renew with a fresh set, notarized and updated club information etc............

They used to ask for a notarized copy each order, but did away with it in order to simplify the process. After all, you already proved you are you the first time
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been quite a while since I bought my M1, but if I recall correcty, you have to notoraize the form that says you're not going to overthrow the fed with yer new M1.  Go to any bank and they'll be happy to do it for you.  Remember , they're just notorizing that it''s really your signiture and not someone else's. If in doubt, call CMP, it's not a huge comglonerate; a real person named Christine will pick up the phone.

Garandpa
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback- I'll get mine notorised at the bank. I didn't know banks did that- thought I had to drive out and find someone that would charge me an arm and a leg.

Also, how do those CMP Garands shoot? (Enough to get me within the 8 circle or better at 200/300/600 Y)?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Also, how do those CMP Garands shoot? (Enough to get me within the 8 circle or better at 200/300/600 Y)?

It's hit or miss
'Borg

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback- I'll get mine notorised at the bank. I didn't know banks did that- thought I had to drive out and find someone that would charge me an arm and a leg.

I would not expect much at 600. Be happy if you can get on paper. If you plan to shoot across the course it will need lots of work... If you are just going to shoot JCG matches then you only need to worry about 200.

Frank
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top