User Panel

Site Notices
NJ/NY picture thread (Page 7 of 8)
Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By mak0:
Originally Posted By Dieter122:
and now an artsy pic I took of some gear ive got...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/Dieter122/gpre.jpg

That is an awesome photo.

And I am kicking myself for not buying one of those AES-10B's when they were $399

i dont even see too many of them around anymore either
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Got my LPK and MIAD installed yesterday!!!

Probably going to pick up another MOE and pin it.

(Apparently, "Macro" mode works a lot better when it's bright and sunny outside.  These look like shit compared to my other pics.)
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LoganSackett:
ok ...one of my first ARs...  (sold this one)

preban Colt, slapped on some old triangle handguards...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/Dieter122/rd.jpg

and now an artsy pic I took of some gear ive got...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/Dieter122/gpre.jpg

my RPKs I bought last summer.....they were $400-$425 each SHIPPED... those were the days.  Now their $600-700+ ive seen

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/Dieter122/rpkz2.jpg

Does  that RPK in the back with dark red furniture have a milled receiver? Looks nice.

Nope its stamped.  Figured why buy one milled when I can have 3 stamped for the same price just about? (at the time).

I got one to start, then decided on getting a pair more (from a different source, as it was at the tail end of their ready availability).

as for the pic of the AR lower above....

I want a couple of the MIAD grips, thats awesome you can store a few extra rounds in the pistol grip.  What grip at AIMsurplus has that feature?

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#5]
RPKs again... in a crate I got off a friend of mine..

I want a couple of the MIAD grips, thats awesome you can store a few extra rounds in the pistol grip.

heres a few HK types, just a GSG5 and a V93

MP5K with surpressor at Calverton..

Another "artsy" pic..  my buddy handing his AK off to his father.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#6]
whats the story with the mp5k?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ZEROTHOMAS:

one of the Class III guys from here in NY was there, let some people have at it with the stuff he brought.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]

one of the Class III guys from here in NY was there, let some people have at it with the stuff he brought.

You suck and i hate you, you got to shoot one of my favorite firearms
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#9]

I want a couple of the MIAD grips, thats awesome you can store a few extra rounds in the pistol grip.  What grip at AIMsurplus has that feature?

I want a couple of the MIAD grips, thats awesome you can store a few extra rounds in the pistol grip.

Any MIAD grip, whether full kit or basic kit, comes with the 3-round grip core.  

FWIW, you can't get the 3-round grip core separate, like you can buy the other grip cores.  I wanted one for my MOE to replace the empty core it came with, and asked Magpul, and they broke the news to me that they only come with MIAD's.

(If you're looking for just the grip core, put a WTB ad up.  I got one pretty quick that way.)

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

FWIW, you can't get the 3-round grip core separate, like you can buy the other grip cores.  I wanted one for my MOE to replace the empty core it came with, and asked Magpul, and they broke the news to me that they only come with MIAD's.

(If you're looking for just the grip core, put a WTB ad up.  I got one pretty quick that way.)

tricky, as I had a Stag lower (new) with a MIAD grip, but the core was missing...I thought something was lacking about it!  Now I know...

Guess I will have to order up 2 of the $20 MIAD grips.  That works right? (the ones on AIM, the basic $20 deals).

You suck and i hate you, you got to shoot one of my favorite firearms

after I shot it, I turned to my friend and told him I would likely do anything to acquire one.  Its THAT fun.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#11]

tricky, as I had a Stag lower (new) with a MIAD grip, but the core was missing...I thought something was lacking about it!  Now I know...

Guess I will have to order up 2 of the $20 MIAD grips.  That works right? (the ones on AIM, the basic $20 deals).

The MIAD grips are: $34 for the basic kit, and $43 for the full kit, and both come with a 3-round grip core.  The MOE is the one you're thinking of, for $20.  The MOE's grip core isn't designed to hold anything.  Like I said, if you were to buy a MOE grip, you could try to get a 3-round grip core with a WTB ad.  All MIAD grip cores will fit MOE grips.

I opted for the full kit MIAD, being that I wanted that winter trigger guard that it comes with, as the basic kit doesn't.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#12]

after I shot it, I turned to my friend and told him I would likely do anything to acquire one.  Its THAT fun.

Simple, just move out of New York and drop ~$15k on a transferable.
That one is on my short list as well.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#13]

The MIAD grips are: $34 for the basic kit, and $43 for the full kit, and both come with a 3-round grip core.  The MOE is the one you're thinking of, for $20.  The MOE's grip core isn't designed to hold anything.  Like I said, if you were to buy a MOE grip, you could try to get a 3-round grip core with a WTB ad.  All MIAD grip cores will fit MOE grips.

I opted for the full kit MIAD, being that I wanted that winter trigger guard that it comes with, as the basic kit doesn't.

Gotcha, I can do without the winter trigger guard, basic setup sounds just fine to me.  Thanks for the info, its much appreciated.

Originally Posted By raysheen:

Simple, just move out of New York and drop ~$15k on a transferable. That one is on my short list as well.

I can always sell/trade my car for one.. haha
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm picking up another AK tomorrow, an unfired SAR-1.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#16]
thread........ must........... not.............die.........

Link Posted: 6/24/2009 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2jdhz4g.jpg

Did you actually pin one of these damn-near-unobtainable-expensive-as-hell stocks??

Or is that a pre-ban lower?
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Did you actually pin one of these damn-near-unobtainable-expensive-as-hell stocks??

preban lower.  pinning a UBR would be silly IMO.

the Sully stock is perfect for that application...
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#19]
and even with a pretty heft barrel (WOA 16" SS from ADCO) and bipod, she's still rear heavy from the ubr.

they should rename it 'the anchor'.
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 5:33:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LoganSackett] [#20]

So is that a Cav Comp or an A2 FH? I know you like Cav Comps.
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#21]
actually an A1 FH.
I didn't choose it, I just got the upper (Adco mini-mod 1) in a great deal and it came with it.
not sure if I neeeeeeeeed to change it.  

Link Posted: 6/24/2009 8:23:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#22]

That's what I was thinking...."Wow, that's a lot of coin to drop on a stock, just to go and pin it".

So what are you're thoughts on the UBR?  Does it live up to all the hype and price-tag?  I'm thinking I want one when I move down to SC............and they become available again.
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#23]
better cheekweld than the 93B and without the sharp thumb-killer latch too.
good storage.
balances out heavy rifles.
and obviously, THE salient feature that sets it above all other collapsing stocks is that I can get the same cheekweld no matter what position I'm in or what I'm wearing: soft armor, soft and hard armor, a sweatshirt or a t-shirt.  That is, not a 'good' cheekweld each time, but a REPEATABLE one.

That's why I'm more apt to use it on rifles with real glass on them.
Real glass deserves a good repeatable cheekweld imo.

and seriously, the ubr makes for a much more solid club than ANY buttstock save the PRS.

Link Posted: 6/25/2009 9:50:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duggan] [#24]

This rifle is the fucking shit.

Link Posted: 6/25/2009 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#25]

The more i see those magpul buis, the more i like them. They look so....alien like

Very nice setup
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#26]
NICE!! Looks great with the Larue stubby.
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Courtesy of MAP

Link Posted: 6/25/2009 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#28]

The more i see those magpul buis, the more i like them. They look so....alien like

Very nice setup

Thanks.

Yes, the MBUS are cool.

For $100 or whatever a set, they are no brainer ...
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Duggan:

Very nice setup

Thanks.

Yes, the MBUS are cool.

For $100 or whatever a set, they are no brainer ...

yeah i know, 100 is great. I kicked myself after i bought a pair of Troy's that were around 250 I like them though, best iron sights ive used so far, but i think future builds will probably have a pair of MBUS
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 10:18:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duggan] [#30]
Close up of the Bolt Release ...

Piston MRP, MBUS, Malkoff M60 hiding in the Surefire

Link Posted: 6/25/2009 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Beaut of a gun, Duggan.
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 10:40:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duggan] [#32]
Originally Posted By Castillo:
Beaut of a gun, Duggan.

Thanks.  It's my third, well, technically fourth build.

I built it over the past year, slowly getting parts as they became available and I could afford them.

I tried not to compromise on anything ... every part on the rifle is top shelf, bar none.

Basically the entire rifle is LaRue, Magpul and LMT ... and a Geissele DMR trigger :)

Here is a closeup of the combat charging handle, rear MBUS, aimpoint T1 ...

This shows the other side of the bolt release ... incredibly useful, I am very happy with mine.

I love this shot of the front ... not sure why.

That's all I have for now folks!  
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#33]
better cheekweld than the 93B and without the sharp thumb-killer latch too.
good storage.
balances out heavy rifles.
and obviously, THE salient feature that sets it above all other collapsing stocks is that I can get the same cheekweld no matter what position I'm in or what I'm wearing: soft armor, soft and hard armor, a sweatshirt or a t-shirt.  That is, not a 'good' cheekweld each time, but a REPEATABLE one.

That's why I'm more apt to use it on rifles with real glass on them.
Real glass deserves a good repeatable cheekweld imo.

and seriously, the ubr makes for a much more solid club than ANY buttstock save the PRS.

Thanks for the info.  I just wish Magpul would spit some more out!

Link Posted: 6/26/2009 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm loving the mbus design.

Make me one out of metal and I'd buy a gross.
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Must not die...

In PA July 4th:

Link Posted: 7/6/2009 9:55:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LoganSackett] [#36]
Must not die...

In PA July 4th:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/ZEROTHOMAS/IMG_1403.jpg

I like it as an A4.

ETA: Must have been nice to link together a longer-than-15-round ammo belt.
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 10:04:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZEROTHOMAS] [#37]
Must not die...

In PA July 4th:

I like it as an A4.

Oh hell yeah

I also had some 30 Round AK mags and AR mags that i kept up there. Forgot how long those fuckers take to load haha.

Gotta love PA though, at 11pm on the 4th there was sporadic machine gun fire coming from the hill behind us and in front of us.
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Must not die...

In PA July 4th:

I like it as an A4.

Oh hell yeah

I also had some 30 Round AK mags and AR mags that i kept up there. Forgot how long those fuckers take to load haha.

Gotta love PA though, at 11pm on the 4th there was sporadic machine gun fire coming from the hill behind us and in front of us.

Link Posted: 7/6/2009 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#39]
man you should put spades on it if possible.
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By shiky:

Cant, would love to but the only range i shoot at wont let me fire this thing without a buttstock. Its not shown in the picture though since i didnt need it. I dont want to spend 300 bucks on spades just to shoot up at PA every other month. Not worth it imo
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 12:25:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Excellent pics guys...I just purchased my Bushmaster M4 style carbine a few weeks ago....Just taking my time to add accessories to it.  So far I have added a MI flip up rear site and will be ordering an Eotech model 512 holo site and a GG&G mount as well as flip up optic covers for the Eotech...Maybe a Streamlight TLR1 mounted up front to add a little light to the night.  I'll post my pic when I am done.
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Cant, would love to but the only range i shoot at wont let me fire this thing without a buttstock. Its not shown in the picture though since i didnt need it. I dont want to spend 300 bucks on spades just to shoot up at PA every other month. Not worth it imo

Spades?  im lost , whats that?
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#43]

It's a set of grips similar to the M2HB. The trigger is the wishbone shape and the grips are vertical "spade" style. I can't post pics for some reason, but there's a pic in this link.

spade grips
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#44]

like this

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#45]
not the best pics (and i usually don't leave them up forever) but, here's my latest:

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#46]
very very nice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#47]
My Bushmaster M4 model number PCWA3X_14M4IZ
MGI D-Ring
Ergo Sure Grip Tactical Deluxe
Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake
GG&G-1297 GG&G Tactical Modular Bolt On Flip Up Front Sight Gas Block
GG&G-1005-SA A2 Spring Actuated BUIS
LaRue Tactical SPR-E scope mount
Weaver Classic Extreme 1.5-4.5x24mm scope
Butler Creek scope caps
15 round Magpul PMags
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#48]
My first AR bought at a sports shop in south Jersey last week (still researching irons, optics, slings and floating rails):

http://www.mduproductions.com/images/ar/right.jpg

Here's an aerial of the range I shoot at (South Jersey Shooting Club):

http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/Images/air2.jpg
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By fafaflofly:
My first AR bought at a sports shop in south Jersey last week (still researching irons, optics, slings and floating rails):

http://www.mduproductions.com/images/ar/right.jpg

Here's an aerial of the range I shoot at (South Jersey Shooting Club):

http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/Images/air2.jpg

Hmm, I saw a guy at Home Depot with a Smith & Wesson  M&P shirt a few days ago.
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#50]
bump for good thread.
Page / 8
NJ/NY picture thread (Page 7 of 8)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top