Member Login
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:15:30 AM EDT
I'm new to the site, obviouslyhew
Can my nephew own an AR in Queens???

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:30:52 AM EDT
No AR in Queens or any borough of NYC.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:35:22 AM EDT
Well that's not nice of NYHow? Maybe I can convince him to move near me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:40:38 AM EDT
NYC is comprised of five boroughs: Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.

If he has a friend in Suffolk or Nassau counties he can keep his rifle(s), mags and ammo there. All are restricted in NYC.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:47:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:
NYC is comprised of five boroughs: Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.

If he has a friend in Suffolk or Nassau counties he can keep his rifle(s), mags and ammo there. All are restricted in NYC.

One or two more questions, I promise.

Can he have a shotgun and/or Garand at his residence??
He has relatives in Nassau, that he could leave them with. I guess he can buy a small safe to make sure they are secure at the home.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:04:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By palmer:
Can he have a shotgun and/or Garand at his residence??

If he is 21 he needs to get a NYC rifle permit before he possesses them or the ammo in NYC. Check out the P-A-S NYC FAQ.

New York City Gun Laws FAQ
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:23:46 PM EDT
Man! He lives in Rockaway. I lived there for 20 years. That place became a shit hole for drugs and killings. I can see why he needs an AR. My High Scholl Far Rockaway High is the worst HS in NYC. Good luck. get him a vest for his b/day, he'll need it. Some say its as bad as Iraq and Vietnam together
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:51:16 PM EDT
i live not to far from there, his best bet is to move to AZ (which i plan to do myself) NYC sucks for gun rights!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:42:37 PM EDT
Hey I agree tell him to get the hell out of NY! This way he can shoot alot more then AR's with all the evil stuff!

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:35:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jark:
Man! He lives in Rockaway. I lived there for 20 years. That place became a shit hole for drugs and killings. I can see why he needs an AR. My High Scholl Far Rockaway High is the worst HS in NYC. Good luck. get him a vest for his b/day, he'll need it. Some say its as bad as Iraq and Vietnam together

LOL. He said his nephew is in Rockaway Beach, NOT FAR Rockaway, big difference! I grew up in Rockaway Beach. Have family their and in Belle Harbor(just west), where you can't touch houses under $700,000. Far Rockaway has been a sh!thole since I can remember, no news their. I don't have to tell you this, since you lived in Rockaway. Rockaway Beach and above are still a good towns. Where in Rockaway did you live?
I lived their for about 28 years. I traveled five days a week for 15 years through Far Rockaway, going to Long Beach. I never had a problem with the criminal element. Far Rockaway is crap, but comparing it to Iraq and Vietnam is a stretch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:39:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 7:40:01 PM EDT by palmer]

Originally Posted By Concrete_Brunette:
i live not to far from there, his best bet is to move to AZ (which i plan to do myself) NYC sucks for gun rights!

I agree, for gun rights(and taxes), getting out of NY is a great thing. But, the grass is not always greener on the other side...

Good luck in AZ though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:10:11 AM EDT
NYC's gun laws are a real drag, but considering the mentality of the citizenry, I'm happy it's not a Washington D.C. situation (yet
Top Top