Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
2/12/2011 7:56:18 PM EDT
I'll be in SA for a few days with a bunch of clients.



Can anyone offer restaurant suggestions? Clients are laid back, so I'm not looking for 5-star steakhouses.....



what cha got?
2/12/2011 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The Paloma Riverwalk (next to the Rainforest Cafe on the Riverwalk) has good Mexican food, ambiance and service.

The County Line is one of the most consistently good barbecue joints in the area - Also has some tasty side dishes, and excellent service.

The Panchito's on McCullough St. also has very good Mexican food - serves excellent breakfast plates.
2/12/2011 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
El Jarro de Arturo

2/12/2011 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Alamo Cafe

2/12/2011 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for la paloma. When i got my plate the size wasn't that big, but the taste was amazing. That's where i'm headed when we go back.
2/13/2011 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
if you make it towards Randolph AFB. BBQ
http://www.texaspridebbq.net/

Downtown for Tex Mex
http://www.picodegallo.com/index.html



2/13/2011 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll be in SA for a few days with a bunch of clients.

Can anyone offer restaurant suggestions? Clients are laid back, so I'm not looking for 5-star steakhouses.....

what cha got?




It depends what ya want more than anything.  Theres a Texas Roadhouse up in the 35/1604 area off Pat Booker Rd, Theres fudruckers burgers on Broadway/410 and everything in between..
2/13/2011 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Burgers? Longhorn Cafe on Blanco road.
2/13/2011 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#8]
What day/time are you leaving???

I'll be off mon-wed.

Another +1 for Longhorn Cafe off of Blanco.
2/16/2011 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#9]
titos
boudros
il sogno
la glora
fogo de chao
bohanans
chama gaucha
lo barrios
la fogata
paloma blanca
2/17/2011 4:13:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
titos
boudros
il sogno
la glora
fogo de chao
bohanans
chama gaucha
lo barrios
la fogata
paloma blanca


Is this your prefered ranking or random?
2/17/2011 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd say, what part of San Antonio will you be in? Some places it will take 30 to 45 minutes to drive to, is that ok if the food is awesome?

Fralo's (pizza) or Rudy's (BBQ) in Leon Springs
Chris Madrids (burgers) or Blanco Cafe (Mex) on Blanco
Gianni's (italian) 1604 near Bitters
Rome's (italian and pizza) on De Zavala
Boudro's, or Mi Tierra's (Mex) downtown
Tika taco (Mex)
Longhorn cafe on blanco or the one in Leon Springs
The little red barn (Steaks and Texas food) on South Hackberry

Boerne Restaurants for consideration (short drive from the northside)
Naples (italian) or the Vistro (Italian)
Bar-D BBQ or Fritze's BBQ
Dodging Duck (German Flare, Great burgers and brew their own beer)
Peach Cafe (fancy sandwhiches and light food)

How bought a nice scenic drive to historic Bandera?
You have to try Busbee's BBQ, or Bricks (it overlooks the medina river) and the local favorite is the O.S.T.
Bandera is also known for having the Best Dairy Queen in Texas. It's always in the Top 5.

Wait you have extra time and want to drive to Fredericksburg too?
Eat at the Auslander,  and check out the Nimitz World War 2 and Pacific Museum.

Remember the Alamo! No really, since you'll be in town, stop by the alamo, the Museum of Texan Cultures, Witte museum, Japanese tea gardens, botanical gardens and the McNay.
There's also "The Cave without a Name", Cascade Caverns, and Cascade wildlife. And Check out the John T. Floore store in Helotes for tamales and good music.
2/17/2011 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Also be sure to post back here and give us a report of the restaurants and activities you chose and your opinion.
2/17/2011 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah County Line is very good.  Don't know if it is still open but the CFS at Jailhouse Cafe is one of the best I've had.
2/17/2011 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey everybody



Thanks for all of the suggestions...my schedule was so packed that we just ended up eating at the hotel, which wasn't that bad. (Grand Hyatt)



http://www.achioterivercafe.com/



I'll be back in a few weeks, so all of these recommendations will not go to waste.
2/17/2011 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#15]
There's also a good place in near Comfort and Welfare called PoPo's restaurant.
Then there's the Grey Moss Inn, and Scenic Loop Cafe  on scenic Loop road.

And there's a quaint little store in a town called Kendalia. It's kind of like a little gas station or general store, but they have a small restaurant in the back and great sweet tea. I had the lasagna and a salad there (special of the day) and it was like sitting at my Grandparents house out in the country.

Wednesday Night is steak night at the Welfare cafe. Worth checking out too.
2/17/2011 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#16]
There is a great little shrimp & oyster joint on S. Military called 'Texas Grill Seafood'. It's really great food. If you like crab stuffed shrimp...that's the place. The owner has his own fishing/shrimp boats, so his product is about as fresh as it gets.



The owner and I are in the process of opening a seafood/dinner house called 'Nemo's Seafood Grill' on the west end at Portranco and 1604. Right now it looks like it will be about the first of June before we open.



Oh...we intend to have a discount for Arfcom members.
2/17/2011 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#17]


 I was coming in to post that.  I have family in San Antonio, got to Arthur's jar every time I'm there.  Great food, laid back place.
2/17/2011 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Chester's Burgers
Lulu's cafe (best CFS in San Antonio, IMO)
Longhorn Cafe
Mama's Cafe
La Fogata
2/17/2011 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I think this is Jailhouse Cafe, correct?

Lulu's cafe (best CFS in San Antonio, IMO)


2/18/2011 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
titos
boudros
il sogno
la glora
fogo de chao
bohanans
chama gaucha
lo barrios
la fogata
paloma blanca


Is this your prefered ranking or random?


it's a random list and not all inclusive, just all the ones i could think of off the top of my head
2/18/2011 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think this is Jailhouse Cafe, correct?

Lulu's cafe (best CFS in San Antonio, IMO)




Right near San Pedro and IH-35.  Only name I know for it is Lulu's.
2/18/2011 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#22]
La Margarita.  It's one place I never miss when I visit.

http://www.lamargarita.com/
2/18/2011 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#23]
El Chapparel in Helotes or Boerne has good Mexican food.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In