Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JMan04:

I am only slightly being a smartass, but I think it's 7 years, not 13.

Point is still the same, long time, not lots of talking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JMan04:
Originally Posted By 1057:
Originally Posted By shetrent:
I COULD HELP YOU EMPTY THE FRIDGE,AND MAYBE GET YOU TO HELP ME BUILD ANOTHER LONG RANGER.

How does one be a member here for 13 years and have only posted twice?

I am only slightly being a smartass, but I think it's 7 years, not 13.

Point is still the same, long time, not lots of talking.

Touché lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By doubleclaw:

What year is your 4Runner?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hrt4me:
Originally Posted By Andrewh:
did you get this looked at?
what kind of vehicle?

not yet, still trying to diagnose it (Toyota 4Runner)...

'96 SR5
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]

'96 SR5
View All Quotes
did you get this looked at?
what kind of vehicle?

not yet, still trying to diagnose it (Toyota 4Runner)...

'96 SR5

What are the issues you're seeing with the headlights?
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys are awesome.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Im looking for a handyman/electrician to get some house projects done. not looking for free just someone reliable and fair priced..
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By LearningToLive:
I'd be happy to take first time/beginner female shooters to the range. I am a woman, and I know sometimes other women would rather learn to shoot or talk about carry options and clothing with another woman instead of a man.

I write young adult book reviews and worked as a librarian, so I can offer book recommendations for readers ages 9-18+ if you need suggestions.

I'm in the north Austin area.
View Quote

I certainly understand that.

My wife and I take first time shooters out and some women prefer to have a woman show them.
The men usually don't care.

My daughter wants to be a writer so she is looking at college options for that.
We told her she needed to decide what she wants to do to pay the bills in the meantime while writing isn't.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By grayparatrooper:
Im looking for a handyman/electrician to get some house projects done. not looking for free just someone reliable and fair priced..
View Quote

It might help just a little if we knew where you were located?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in Lufkin and am willing to help when and where I can.

If you or someone you know wants to learn to shoot I am more than willing to show you how and I will even supply the weapons and ammo if needed.

If you are thinking about buying a particular gun and don't know if it is right for you I'll be more than happy to go with you or meet you at the gun shop and give you advice that you can use. I'm not trying to sell you a gun so I'm not working on commission.

I have a few guns if you want to try anything I own before buying one. Just shoot me an IM and let me know what you are interested in and if I have it I'll let you know.

I have more tools than I can remember so if you need something just ask.

I love to shoot, hunt and fish but like many I don't have as much time to do any of them as much as I would like.

I am sure there are things I can't remember now so I'll add them later.

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I can help with any computer, networking, telecom services in the Corpus Christi area during the week, and the LaGrange area on the weekends. Almost 20 years in this field.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:19:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mike-munich] [#10]
Anybody know a good transmission shop in the Spring Branch, Canyon Lake, New Braunfels area? The tranny light on my 95 Explorer came on and I need to have it checked out when we come back in April.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I routinely travel from Decatur / Fort Worth area to west Texas. (Midland / Odessa and all surrounding areas)

If you need a ride or something transported in either direction, let me know.

I can pull a trailer as well.

Gene
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Here is for you all, I am a FAA certificated A&P aircraft mechanic with over 15 years in aviation, school trained on Bell, Boeing, Sikorsky and Eurocopter helicopters.  As well as small single and dual engine GA aircraft. If you need a mechanic for your expensive toys you pay for parts and bullets and I will be there.  I work a 7 on 7 off schedule and have tools and will travel!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Anybody within a couple hours drive of Bryan/College Station know how to trouble shoot and tune a Weber carb? Specifically an aftermarket one on a Toyota FJ60?
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#14]
think I posted before...
CHEF!!

menu planning, catering CONSULTANT, Wedding Consulting, other banquet or get togethers
Jack of all trades short of sweating pipe..at least where I can fit and am able..(I am disabled but do my damnest to work around it)
remodling advise, flow V space etc..
Bartender
former pistol competitor..
Know a little about a whole lot but not a whole lot about any particular little..

pretty much useless beyond that..
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Rio Grande Valley (Mcallen area)

Reload various calibers
Blackpowder experience
Have lead casting equip
Pickup truck
AR15 Stock wrench
AK/SKS sight adjustment tools
Knowledge of computer software / hardware

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a newer samsung fridge the ice maker no longer works. I replaced the unit once but it only worked for a few months. Instant message me I am in the N FTW area.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 1:19:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Guam_Guy:
Here is for you all, I am a FAA certificated A&P aircraft mechanic with over 15 years in aviation, school trained on Bell, Boeing, Sikorsky and Eurocopter helicopters.  As well as small single and dual engine GA aircraft. If you need a mechanic for your expensive toys you pay for parts and bullets and I will be there.  I work a 7 on 7 off schedule and have tools and will travel!
View Quote

You sir may have some business. I just got an Arrow that's in annual right now, once it's up it'll be based in McKinney. I'll keep ya in mind.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Looking for someone in the Garland/Plano/Richardson area who can either help me drill and pin a Geissele Super Gas Block onto a new stainless 18" barrel or point me to a place that can do it without breaking the bank. I'm building a couple of uppers, and this is my first attempt, so any advice/guidance or know how would be very much appreciated. I don't have a shop yet, having moved to the area pretty recently, so I'm kinda stuck on these builds.

I can do work in trade - I'm pretty handy with just about everything from a blast cabinet, paint gun, airbrush and gunsmithing tools to plain old lifting heavy things. I also work on cars and trucks.

More than willing to bring a 12 pack of premium beer to the work site as well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Midland/Odessa

I can help with

-Vagcom
-5x8 trailer, can help haul or let ya borrow (has ramp)
-Computer help, network help, home sound/video
-Home surveilance (camera/audio)
-can help lift move things
-love to ride dual sport if you want a riding buddy
-decent long range shot (can help w/prairie dog problems and yotes)

Link Posted: 5/6/2014 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#20]
From the Spring/ North Houston area.

I can help with:

Lend a hand
Pickup (short bed)
Basic tools
teaching basic camera/DSLR stuff
Photography
Video editing
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#21]
East side of the DFW metroplex.

Farm Tractor repair

Farm Equipment repair

Welding and fabrication

Construction equipment repair
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I will throw this up for an offer.

I am a certified Special education teacher and principal, I teach college courses on Special Education and travel to different states to consult with schools/districts to improve programming.

If you have a child that has a disability or suspect they do and are getting the run around from your school district/charter, or have questions, about how things work, how they are supposed to be etc. PM me. I am in San Antonio but will happily give my phone number to someone via PM to talk.

My background for kids with autism as well as social/emotional/behavioral needs but have worked with a variety of population and ages. I have over 10 years in the field.
I have done a ton of work compliance with state/federal law, so I can give you advice as well.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#23]
I lol'd hard. Good job sir
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:53:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wjoutlaw] [#24]
I'll throw in  as well. I have completed a few 80% lower receivers and have the Harbor Freight Mini-mill for use. If you bring me ammo, beer or cold hard cash, I will help you get everything set up and walk you through the process. No set amount, just whatever you think is fair. I have a jig from TR-Enabling that fits their style lowers and some standard mil-spec lowers. IM me and we can set up a time and day. I usually work three to four days a week so I can usually work with your schedule.

ETA: Forgot to add that I am in the San Antonio area.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:14:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tinythief] [#25]
-nevermind-
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I just moved back to the Conroe/Woodlands area, if anyone needs a truck for anything just let me know.  Have three to choose from depending on what needs to be hauled and can pull a trailer.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#27]
In Wills Point
I can help perform Aircraft Maintenance (A&P)
I have a 16ft trailer
Most AR assembly tools
Most hand and power tools
Minor auto maintenance
Moving things
Microsoft Office help

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Have a beginners amount of woodworking tools and the skills to use such:
Miter Saw
Circular Saw
Hand Sander
Drill

Also have an AR15 wrench and tooling for disassembly/assembly.  Can help with your build if needed.

Have a stick welder but house not currently wired for 220V.

North of Dallas by about an hour.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:38:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnny12gauge] [#30]
League City area. I can help you build your AR, modify it, anything to an AR15/10/22/1911 (no sights on 1911)/  prepping info/ however I can be of service.

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:15:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#31]
Kick This Thread Back Up ...

I have a full sized (8' bed) 4x4 3/4 ton pick up if anyone needs help moving stuff post Harvey (picking up rebuilding supplies or ???)

I'm in the Clear Lake Area (NASA Land just south of the Beltway 8 of Houston)

Best to E-mail me as I get those instantly on my phone

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:44:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheStig] [#32]
In north Fort Worth/Keller area. Work in IT security field (10+ years experience) and can help with pretty much anything regarding infosec (mobile/network/endpoint/small-medium sized business) or with most computer/networking issues as well.

Also have AR receiver block and wrench, reloading stuff, various tools and can help wrench on cars.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#33]
In the Spring Woodlands area and need an AR15 barrel pinned and welded...
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Does someone in the plano to mckinney area know cad? Specifically fusion 360?
Trying to build something on a 3d printer and a few items are kicking my ass.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
I know a guy who also does 3D printing. I will ask if he knows fusion 360.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm in Childress. I have all of the tools needed to build or repair an AR. I have Glock sight tools. I keep a shit ton of spare parts. If I can help, just let me know.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mah827:
View All Quotes
I sent you a pm.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#38]

I sent you a pm.
View Quote
Thanks I replied.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 10:20:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nwoodcock1] [#39]
Just found this thread. I've got a bunch of tools, ramps, sockets, jack stands, etc and don't mind giving advice on minor car repairs like CV axles, brakes, valve cover replacements, spark plugs.
I also have a 12 foot open trailer that anyone can borrow if needed. I have decent home networking skills and can fix most computer problems. Basically if you need something PM me and I'll see if I can help
I'm in DFW, Sachse specifically.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#40]
I can troubleshoot many things garden or ag related on the botany side of things.
I can give under the table medical advice, though not out of my scope of practice. Quite possibly saving you an ER bill. (3 years ER experience)
Dietetic and fitness questions answered here. Personal trainer of 5 years, and dietetics/culinary minors.
Have a dog that wont listen? I've raised 9. They're all very well behaved. Ask me anything.

I will add more when it comes to mind.

TEXOMA area.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#41]
I need to borrow a trailer.  It needs to be about the size you would use to transport a 4 wheeler, but without a ramp.

I need to move a 6' bush hog about 20 miles (twice).
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#42]
I would be happy to review any Oil & Gas Leases any of you may be contemplating signing. I can identify any 'less than stellar' clauses and/or verbiage and advise on getting the best deal to negotiate towards.

I am not an attorney, but I have been negotiating O&G Leases, Surface Use Agreements, etc., for 40 years.

I can also teach you to cuss and drink liquor.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#43]
OST.

CMOS
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:32:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#44]
Originally Posted By 338winmag:
I need to borrow a trailer.  It needs to be about the size you would use to transport a 4 wheeler, but without a ramp.

I need to move a 6' bush hog about 20 miles (twice).
View Quote
What part of the state are you in?

For what it's worth, U-haul has open trailers (with and without ramps) that are pretty cheap to rent for a 24 hour period.
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Thought I would revive this thread.

I live in the Clear Lake/Houston area.  I usually have a bottle of Crown Black available for those in need.  I am a part-time shade tree mechanic (very part-time and think of a small tree with just a little shade); but I can always be an extra set of hands.  My biggest attribute is that after a few conversations, I will become the most sarcastic person you know.  Not rudely sarcastic, I maintain some decency; but entertainingly sarcastic.  I am just getting back into AR-15 builds after being away for 15 years.

And according to my ex-wife, "When God wanted an asshole, he made you", so apparently I am great at being an asshole as well.  I guess she didn't think the neighbor was an asshole, which is why she slept with him; but I digress.  So if you need a guy to drink with that will laugh at you when you do something stupid (will also laugh at himself when he does something stupid); I am available.
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MountainMedic:

I live in the Clear Lake/Houston area.  I usually have a bottle of Crown Black available for those in need.  I am a part-time shade tree mechanic (very part-time and think of a small tree with just a little shade); but I can always be an extra set of hands.  My biggest attribute is that after a few conversations, I will become the most sarcastic person you know.  Not rudely sarcastic, I maintain some decency; but entertainingly sarcastic.  I am just getting back into AR-15 builds after being away for 15 years.

And according to my ex-wife, "When God wanted an asshole, he made you", so apparently I am great at being an asshole as well.  I guess she didn't think the neighbor was an asshole, which is why she slept with him; but I digress.  So if you need a guy to drink with that will laugh at you when you do something stupid (will also laugh at himself when he does something stupid); I am available.
View Quote
Last screen name ?

Link Posted: 5/22/2019 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By wolfjflywheel:

Last screen name ?

View Quote
It's not me
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Last screen name ?

View All Quotes

Last screen name ?

Brand new. Started listening to the AR15 podcast and ended up here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

Last screen name ?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File
View Quote
I'm from the government, I'm here to help...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top