Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By gehrkek:
not sure if this is just my computer but im having trouble with a lot of the links at the top. My wife and I are looking to relocate to the Frisco area so this is awesome thanks for the post.

Yeah, a few of the urls have a space between the htp:// and the www which gets url-encoded as %20.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If anyone in the Austin area with a Class B CDL is looking for a driving job, Austin Engineering is hiring ONE driver.

One was just let go.
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 5:09:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#3]
Guys, my company is hiring for different positions right now, (Houston).

We are in the Oil and Gas well-bore surveying business.

Here's our jobs website:

http://www.gyrodata.com/node/careers/

Link Posted: 2/19/2010 10:11:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: whomper] [#4]
http://www.clearedjobs.com
Another place for those that have clearances.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 1:24:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whomper] [#5]
Done
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 4:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whomper] [#6]
Done
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys, I'm in Conroe, but am not opposed to driving. Ill do pretty much anything, but my experience is in firearm sales and gunsmithing.

Ideas? Ive already applied at all the 'big box stores'
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Need to add a Banking/Finance/Accounting section.

Chase here in San Antonio is always looking to fill a variety of positions at both the 2 operation centers, as well as all the branches. They also have statewide listings.

Everything from entry level to experienced bankers.

http://careers.jpmorganchase.com/cm/cs?pagename=Chase/Href&urlname=jpmc/careers/search-apply
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 3:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whomper] [#9]
Done
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 1:51:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whomper] [#10]
Done!
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]
couple of b2b outside sales rep positions here in austin

IM me for more info
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 1:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
bump for anyone looking.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 1:44:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jen] [#13]
South Houston Gun Store seeks Retail Store Manager

Retail Sales and Gunshows

Armorer / Gunsmithing experience a plus

Call, IM or Email if interested

281-484-0800
Jen
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Just putting this out....

I have a line on some Security contracting jobs (if you have the back ground) Pay is 65,000 a year (T/F) to 95,000.

MUST HAVES!!!

Passport

SC

DD214

Upto date medical

The balls to pull the trigger

WHPPS is a plus. Well more like a sure thing!

send me a IM
Link Posted: 11/6/2010 5:00:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whomper] [#15]
Bump!

Link Posted: 11/6/2010 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#16]
TAG!
Link Posted: 11/8/2010 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm looking for an experienced mechanical engineer that does contract work in the Houston Area. Must have his own tools, either ProE or Solidworks.

Please IM me if interested or know of anyone that might be.
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 2:37:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marklbucla] [#18]
I just finished up my Ph.D. in Applied Statistics with an emphasis in Data Mining. I'm looking for something doing SAS Programming, anything Statistics, or Modeling in the Houston (Sugar Land) area or anywhere that I can 100% telecommute.

Link Posted: 12/6/2010 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I heard KBR-LOGCAP won a large contract to help with the human resources and logistics of the Phase IV pullout in Iraq.

There are alot of openings in a diverse amount of fields at the KBR-LOGCAP website for overseas work.  330 day contracts in Iraq.

Just passing the message along.  Great for young and unattached people like myself.  I would jump at this opportunity, but I have a pretty stable gig at the moment (although the pay is moderately low).  I'm worried I won't find something as stable when I get back.

http://www.kbr.com/Careers/LOGCAP/
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm also looking for weekend part/full (20-40 hours) Friday - Sunday Setup/Sales help at gunshows (Houston area only).  So if you're looking for a weekend Job please IM, email or call me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#21]
DFWCareers appears to be broken
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By aps_quang:
I heard KBR-LOGCAP won a large contract to help with the human resources and logistics of the Phase IV pullout in Iraq.

There are alot of openings in a diverse amount of fields at the KBR-LOGCAP website for overseas work.  330 day contracts in Iraq.

Just passing the message along.  Great for young and unattached people like myself.  I would jump at this opportunity, but I have a pretty stable gig at the moment (although the pay is moderately low).  I'm worried I won't find something as stable when I get back.

http://www.kbr.com/Careers/LOGCAP/

It should be noted that KBR must attempt to fill these positions with current KBR LOGCAP III employees first as per contract requirements of LOGCAP IV.

KBR is a great contractor to work with and anyone that says otherwise probably got fired.  I was with them for 4 years to the day and I am now with Fluor Daniels on LOGCAP IV Afghanistan.  GIven the oppurtunity I would much rather be with KBR.

Fluor is hirring for LOGCAP IV in Afghanistan but bare in mind that the .gov is making Fluor staff their workers with 80% foreigners and only 20% Americans.  So the postings are slim pickins these days.  I am a Fluor Subcontract that has to be staffed with 100% Americans so I lucked out then again had I not been given this job I would be with KBR still and much better off. lol
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:32:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vanessavy] [#23]
delete
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#24]
bump.
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Texas dept of Criminal Justice

Just follow the instructions. Cortrectional Officers NOT being laid off. Good entry level job. Good insurance.
Jim
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I know of an air-freight/logistics firm in Houston looking for a Project Manager with DoD (and more specifically KBR) experience. PM me if interested.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#27]
The company I work for (Houston 290 & Mangum area) now has an open position for an Office/Accounting Assistant.

Duties include answering the company phones, doing the entire company payroll, and some other moderate accounting functions.  We have a medical plan, and a PSP.  Salary is $32K-$36 depending on experience and aptitude.

www.Hemcoind.com

Call the office main line or email me a resume directly.

Thanks,
CMOS
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#28]
This thread was about to go to the archives.

Are there any updates to the links?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Keep it alive.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#30]
ITS tactical just posted monday, that he is hireing an order picker. He is in Arlington.
http://www.itstactical.com/
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I work at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. We are currently in need of one person to add to our security department for deep nights (10pm-6am). This is an unarmed Level II position, but pays above average hourly rate, plus full benefits after 90 days. In the past, I suggested dropping in to fill out an application, but now all applications are done online through the corporate website.

The greatest needs here are for someone who can work overnight and is mature with good judgement. IM or email me for more info or to answer any questions.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:13:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Deer park houston area local company is hiring for a turnaround at shell pm me for info if anyone is interested. 15-25/hr depending on experience 7-12s
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#33]
If anyone is near, or willing to relocate near Wichita Falls, (about an hr and a half away from Fort Worth.) I know of somewhere that is continually hiring for $20 an hour. PM me for more details.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I am in the Houston area and looking to upgrade my employment,  
Experience as a Project manager in new construction as well maintenance and purchasing.  I am a dual citizen ( EU and US ) and do not need work permits for either area.  Please contact me for more information,  Prefer not to but my personal details on here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm looking for anyone in the Houston area interested in becoming a financial advisor. 4 year degree required. Extensive training program for those without experience.  Fortune 500 company with great benefits.  Voted one of the most ethical companies in the U.S.  PM me if you are interested.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#36]
My team is looking for a Software Developer with at least 2-3 years experience.  We would prefer someone with both C and PHP experience, but I can work with someone who has C++, Java, Perl, etc. and willingness to learn.  The right person needs to have experience with both applications development and web development but mainly hard core applications.  We have a strong preference to open source technologies; our primary platform is Linux and our database backend is PostgreSQL however developers may be involved with some MacOS, iOS (iPad/iPhone) or Android development as well.  This is a small company but stable and solidly funded. Any knowledge of medical software (ANSI EDI X12, HL7, etc) would be great.  Work location is South Austin near IH35 & Ben White/71/290W.  60K+ depending on experience.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Anything new for this thread? My company just closed and I'm looking around the San Antonio or Austin area. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 9:49:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tao] [#38]
Looking for an electrician in north Austin. Figured its better to try and get a local progun guy, vs. some random schmoe from the yellowpages.

Moved in not long ago. My shed out back seems to be all wired, with outlets and lights, but no power at all. Need power out there so I can use it as work space. Email button below is the best way to contact me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#39]
We've been looking for someone for a while, in the Texas Medical Center (Houston).

Requires:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.
Min 7 years software development (programming).
Experience in multiple languages with Java, C/C++ preferred.

The position is working with cancer researchers either developing software systems for them or taking their code and making it "production ready".

To see the full posting, go to jobs.mdanderson.org, click the "Search Current Openings" link on the left.
Click "Search Openings".
Paste "302br" (without quotes) into search field.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tod-13:
We've been looking for someone for a while, in the Texas Medical Center (Houston).

Requires:

The position is working with cancer researchers either developing software systems for them or taking their code and making it "production ready".

To see the full posting, go to jobs.mdanderson.org, click the "Search Current Openings" link on the left.
Click "Search Openings".
View Quote

FWIW, getting a 404 error when following those directions...  It does work if I just put 302br in the "Search Jobs" box on the main page and click OK.

Link Posted: 11/26/2013 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#41]

If anyone is hiring near Fort Hood Texas, I would appreciate an opportunity to send you my resume. Wife is Active Duty and have not been able to find anything permanent. I can do any type of job except sales or commission based work.

Bachelors degree Communications

10 years Software/Technical Support

3 years liaison between American and Korean engineers on new dev projects

5 years experience in retail/restaurant industry

Navy Vet.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 11:44:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tod-13] [#42]
Originally Posted By SoftwareJanitor:

FWIW, getting a 404 error when following those directions...  It does work if I just put 302br in the "Search Jobs" box on the main page and click OK.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoftwareJanitor:
Originally Posted By Tod-13:

Requires:

Click "Search Openings".

Weird--it works fine here putting 302br into the "Keyword" field. Some of the requirements and description don't show up in the search on the main page. (The job search stuff here is horrid--I think it is the number one problem we have with getting qualified applicants.)

ETA: I know it says "preferred" below for a masters. That's just boilerplate my manager couldn't get rid of. I'll suggest again we remove the "preferred".

I'll just cut and paste:

Title Sr Applications Sys Analyst
Posting Title Sr Applications Sys Analyst
Employment Status Full-Time
Department Quantitative Sciences Admin
Auto req ID 302BR
Address 1 1400 Pressler St
City Houston
State Texas
Zip/Postal Code 77030
Salary Minimum 74,000.00
Salary Midpoint 92,500.00
Salary Maximum 111,000.00
Fund Type Soft Fund
Work Week Days
Job Description

Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop and modify moderately complex information systems. Impacts the proper design and utilization of applications/systems throughout the institution.

KEY FUNCTIONS:
* Provide the technical expertise required to design, build and maintain complex bioinformatics software and systems.
* Analyze, develop and assist others in the development of software for complex applications in bioinformatics.
* Develop and maintain software tools and infrastructure for resolving specific problems.
*  Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with numerous counterparts to ensure that tool development and applications are clearly supportive of the research needs.
* Resolve software architectural and design issues.
* Investigate new approaches and tools for addressing technical needs.
* Work with end-users to translate research requirements into programming requirements.
*  Document products for both technical staff and end users.
* Clearly communicate complex technical information in verbal and written forms.
*  Maintain awareness of standards, policies, and regulations and incorporate into all work products.
*  Provide support for existing applications and programs/libraries.

Job Description - Requirements

Education:
Required:  Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.    
Preferred:   Master of Science, or additional degree in Bioinformatics, Biology, Statistics or related field.

Experience:
Required: Seven years demonstrated competence in software programming, with experience in multiple programming languages including Java, C/C++, and shell or other scripting languages. Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and be able to work both independently and as a team member without daily supervision.   Must have experience with modern development tools, including source code management, requirements and issue tracking, and modeling tools. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.

Preferred: Proficient in areas of web development, general programming, user interface design, high-performance computing, scripting, and databases.   Familiarity and experience with common bioinformatics tools and libraries.   Substantial experience with some of R, Perl, Python, JavaScript and other dynamic languages.   Experience creating and consuming RESTful web services. Experience in Software Testing, Project Management, Documentation, Statistics, or Data Analysis.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Looking for something in the NW part of houston, I have experience working on cars as a mechanic helper, and 2 years of building maintenance, but anything at this point would do.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#44]
So I am absolutely done with Michigan and I need a desperate change of scenery or I will go nuts. Im on the verge of a divorce, my job is horrible and its been impossible to find another one around here. It used to be easy because of my prior service, but not now. Its getting to the point you need a degree to flip burgers. Anyway there is nothing keeping me here. I have visited TX a couple years ago and loved it. I want to live just outside the DFW area. First thing I need to do is figure out the Job situation i think.

High School Diploma
Some College, No degree
US Army, Airborne, Sniper, Leadership, Management
Some Retail Exp
Plumbing/Pipefitting/Fire Suppression Exp
Some Electrical Exp
Correction Officer/Security Exp
Sales/Customer Service Exp
First Aid/CPR
Some Farming/Agriculture Exp
Some Automotive Exp
Licensed (MICHIGAN) Insurance Sales

Im looking for a home for a career that I can hopefully retire from.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bigdaddy7010:
Looking for something in the NW part of houston, I have experience working on cars as a mechanic helper, and 2 years of building maintenance, but anything at this point would do.
View Quote

If you have tools, and have experience mechanically and with maintenance, turnaround season starts in about two months, and houston will be short on millwrights.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 1:06:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenMan11] [#46]
I am still on the job hunt. I have filled out many applications for position down there and havent heard much. I have talked to one potential employer so far. Im hopeful but I need to keep searching. I want to make this move down there happen. If anyone has any leads it would be helpful. Thanks.

I would like to add that I have had different jobs. Im not a person that is out to leapfrog jobs. I want to find a home for the long haul. My last CAREER I spent 10.5 years in. I would still be doing it if it wasnt outside my control.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 4:31:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: diggerwolf] [#47]
Originally Posted By ChickenMan11:
So I am absolutely done with Michigan and I need a desperate change of scenery or I will go nuts. Im on the verge of a divorce, my job is horrible and its been impossible to find another one around here. It used to be easy because of my prior service, but not now. Its getting to the point you need a degree to flip burgers. Anyway there is nothing keeping me here. I have visited TX a couple years ago and loved it. I want to live just outside the DFW area. First thing I need to do is figure out the Job situation i think.

High School Diploma
Some College, No degree
US Army, Airborne, Sniper, Leadership, Management
Some Retail Exp
Plumbing/Pipefitting/Fire Suppression Exp
Some Electrical Exp
Correction Officer/Security Exp
Sales/Customer Service Exp
First Aid/CPR
Some Farming/Agriculture Exp
Some Automotive Exp
Licensed (MICHIGAN) Insurance Sales

Im looking for a home for a career that I can hopefully retire from.
View Quote

Dallas Police Dept is hiring. Multitudes of Texas gov job in police/fire/EMT etc.

ETA: noticed the insurance sales...I know people that can get you into mortgage loan officer if you are interested, PM me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Can this be added as a sticky? Right now, this is a very serious subject and I think it should remain at the top.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:
Can this be added as a sticky? Right now, this is a very serious subject and I think it should remain at the top.
View Quote

I second that notion... I've been out of work still (2+ months) and have over 35 applications out still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 2:40:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SleeperShooter] [#50]
Anyone down in Laredo, McAllen, Harlingen, or Brownsville looking for a level 2 security job?

universal protection services is hiring
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top