Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:05:19 AM EDT
I am moving to Lubbock in August to start college and I was wondering if there were any ranges or clubs that rented out space to store weapons? Any other suggestions would be helpful too. Also are their any good ranges in Lubbock? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you living on Campus?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
if living on campus, "supposedly" campus police has storage, but I never went that route-- I moved off campus ... but then you have to enter the property with the weapon to get it to the station...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of guns ?    and how many ?    Pistols / rifles    There is a range that rents Lockers.
They are the kind you would find at a highschool or some thing like that.  I'm not sure of the price but it cant be much. I'm going there in an hour to shoot steel plates and I'll ask.

Climate controled storage unit would be another thing to look into, But if you do that make sure you have a safe in your unit.

Only 2 ranges I know of  one is an indoor range pistol cal only, I haved talked to them about frag ammo, but not sure yet. the other in 10 min south of town it is out doors for pistol / rifle / shotgun  ranges out to 100yds they also have steel but that is also pistol cal and rimfire only.

What part of town are you moving to ?

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Im going to be living on campus for a year then moving off for my second year. I will most likely be keeping 4 or 5 long guns and a pistol for when I travel back and forth between Houston and Lubbock. I am trying to avoid having to buy a safe but that may be my only choice.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
well your not going to keep 4-5 long guns in a locker.

Sounds like your brst bet is a cheap gun safe and a small self storage place.

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Go look at Walmart for a cheap ($300 or so) safe.

Charles at Sharpshooters has the most safes in town, but I doubt you want to drop over a grand on a safe...

Do you know anyone in town who would keep them for you?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:03:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I know this will likely be an unpopular suggestion by some here,
but why not just keep your pistol in your car?  I did this
my entire college career.

One thins this implies is to keep your trap shut, never
tell ANYONE you have it in your car.  You won't be breaking
any laws that I know of.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#8]
When I was in school there, you could keep them at the campus police station. I had a buddy who kept a shotgun there and never had any problems. I believe they give you a sort of claim check and you can get it whenever you need it. Check my post in the other Lubbock thread if you need a place to hunt this Fall. Tech and the LBK are good places, enjoy your time up there. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Im going to be living on campus for a year then moving off for my second year. I will most likely be keeping 4 or 5 long guns and a pistol for when I travel back and forth between Houston and Lubbock. I am trying to avoid having to buy a safe but that may be my only choice.

The Kampus Kops won't store guns or ammo for a guy who calls himself "Texaspyro21".  Be sure and sign your given/birth name.

Seriously, when I was at Tech, most of my [eventual] roommates were football guys and *had* to live on-campus the first year (where I met them).  They kept them at the off-campus homes/apts of older friends and/or team members.

Like them, I believe it's better to let a friend, etc hang on to them than to sign them over (de facto registration?) to The Man.  YMMV.  Welcome to Lubbock/TTU.  The Strip is that way.  <points_SSE />
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 for " The Strip"

And welcome

Invisiblesoul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top