Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:28:01 AM EDT
I have a VEPR rifle that is at Tejas Gunwerks for some light work (install flash hider, vent forearm, and skeletonize stock). About 2 1/2 weeks ago I spoke with Terry and he said it was going out the very next day. So I waited and waited and nothing. So two days ago I started calling and left messages, but never got a call back. This is not like him. So I am worried that something happened to him.

Does anyone know if something has happened to Terry Davis at Tejas Gunwerks? Also, can some kind soul run by his shop to see if it is even there anymore? His info is :

Tejas Gunwerks
Terry L. Davis
3411 Andtree Blvd.
Austin, TX 78724
(512) 926-8082 (Shop, FAX)
(512) 947-2122 (Cell)

I have done other deals with him without any problems, just wondering if everything is OK.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:21:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nugentgl:
I have a VEPR rifle that is at Tejas Gunwerks for some light work (install flash hider, vent forearm, and skeletonize stock). About 2 1/2 weeks ago I spoke with Terry and he said it was going out the very next day. So I waited and waited and nothing. So two days ago I started calling and left messages, but never got a call back. This is not like him. So I am worried that something happened to him.

Does anyone know if something has happened to Terry Davis at Tejas Gunwerks? Also, can some kind soul run by his shop to see if it is even there anymore? His info is :

Tejas Gunwerks
Terry L. Davis
3411 Andtree Blvd.
Austin, TX 78724
(512) 926-8082 (Shop, FAX)
(512) 947-2122 (Cell)

I have done other deals with him without any problems, just wondering if everything is OK.

Thanks.

Everything is fine other than: My computer crashed, I lost all historical data, my DSL line is giving me fits. I can't hear messages on my answering machine. I'll get it replaced today. Two adult dogs escaped. I finally recovered one yesterday. My puppies had Parvo one died, the rest seem fine. One cat died last night. I broke a tooth on my lathe, replaced it and broke a lever, replaced it and the other lever is wallowed out. I got the new lever in yesterday, it takes a while to rebuild the gearbox. To top it off I am undergoing a Comptroller Audit. Everything is fine, I'm just a little slow these days. Your rifle will be going out on Monday. I am sorry about the delay.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:25:45 AM EDT
Glad to hear it Terry. I was just worried that something very bad happened to you b/c I always get a prompt response from you. If you are needing some extra time to work out all the crap that is going on, feel free to put my stuff to the side until things settle down a bit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:57:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:00:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DVDTracker:

Originally Posted By terrydavis:
I broke a tooth on my lathe.

You know you're not supposed to chew on those, right?

Maybe he was using extra virgin olive oil for cutting fluid?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:54:29 PM EDT
Mr Davis, can you do generalized lathe work?

I think I had you install some Remington chokes and shorten one barrel last time, excellent work. I have a silencer that I need the end rethreaded to match a new mount. Looks like basic lathe work but its not my talent yet. Would you be interested?

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:50:52 PM EDT
I guess we are having issues with IM on AR15. We have made decent contact Terry. The project I'm out lining is this:

Take a Bowers CAC9 and install into the endcap, the three lug Gemtech Trinity mount shown here....

http://title2.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album01/Trident.jpg

Should be a simple bore and thread job.

I'll check with you soon.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:03:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By terrydavis:
Everything is fine other than: My computer crashed, I lost all historical data, my DSL line is giving me fits. I can't hear messages on my answering machine. I'll get it replaced today. Two adult dogs escaped. I finally recovered one yesterday. My puppies had Parvo one died, the rest seem fine. One cat died last night. I broke a tooth on my lathe, replaced it and broke a lever, replaced it and the other lever is wallowed out. I got the new lever in yesterday, it takes a while to rebuild the gearbox. To top it off I am undergoing a Comptroller Audit. Everything is fine, I'm just a little slow these days. Your rifle will be going out on Monday. I am sorry about the delay.

Dadgum! And he thought something BAD had happened to you! Hope things turn better for you soon!

Cheers,

kk7sm
Top Top