Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/19/2006 11:09:48 AM EDT
Living in Houston and the surrounding areas I have been told that its virtually impossible, for political reasons, to get the required CLEO sign-off on the NFA paperwork.

With that in mind, is there anyone who could point me to an NFA friendly attorney who assist/advise me in setting up a corporation to legally acquire these items. Or, is this simpler than I might think, is there some other resource besides an attorney I should be consulting.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:28:01 PM EDT
im going to see sc-texas to set mine up

nfa_investments is the local classIII/II go to guy
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:57:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 2:58:58 PM EDT by NFA_Investments]
Of you are in an unincorporated area of the county, you may be able to still get a signoff for anything but suppressors. Contact Major Juan Jorge at the HCSO.

Now, about setting up a LLC. You can easily do iy yourseld. Check on www.sos.state.tx.us; look in the corporations section, then find "articles of organization for a limited liability company." Next, fill in the blank.

If you are not comfortable doing this, I set these up for NFA purposes. SC-Texas is an excellent attorney and can set you up as well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:53:01 PM EDT
I caqn help you set up an LLC.

However- I would see if you can get an LWEO signoff.

What do you want to purchase? Suppressor or MG or SBR?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:40:15 AM EDT
Thanks for the info guys. I actually live in just across the line in Ft. Bend County in the Katy area. It's unincorporated, so I think my CLEO sign-off would need to be from the FT. Bend sheriffs office, or maybe the constables office. If you guys know of any contacts there, I am happy to pursue them, I was just led to believe that in the Houston metro area the CLEO signature was extremely rare and hard to come by.

For what its worth, I am looking to get a suppressor initially, and maybe an SBR at some point in the future.

Thanks again all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:01:15 AM EDT
I don't have any names for you at the FBSO, but I do understand that they will sign. Looks like you lucked out this time!

Keith
Top Top