Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:37:24 AM EDT
Can someone fill me in on the powerline and fire issue at Tom Bean?

Was AROCK there again?  HAs he tried to get anyone fired from there yet?

TXL
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Please dont start anything and get a really cool range shut down.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#3]
No kidding.

Lets keep it open.

If you look at the vid and the pics you can see how big the fire was and how it spread towards the shacks to the left of the birm .

rogue007 and I took some pics that had the damage in the background the other day

- Look here ----->

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=222762
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This is EXACTLY (not yelling, just emphasizing) why we didn't mention the power line issue in the first place. It didn't need to be on here to give firearms and the range a bad rep.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

huh?  just wanted to get the whole story.

How is that gonna get anything shut down.  I would think the actual ACT of doing these things might get it shut down.

TXL
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is EXACTLY (not yelling, just emphasizing) why we didn't mention the power line issue in the first place. It didn't need to be on here to give firearms and the range a bad rep.

1.  If you want to *emphasize* without yelling you DONT type it in capital letters.  

2.  If you didnt want the fire discussed, why did you post this, asking us to guess at what caused it?  

Quoted:
That fire wasn't caused by tracers--- I bet you'd never guess what caused it.

The first thread I noticed anyone talking about knowledge of a fire, was yours.  Some guy just mentioned the berm had been burned by a previous fire... and you stirred the pot with the big fire mystery.

Then, you call someone else an "idiot" for bringing up what he heard about it.... after YOU started talking about it???

What fucking planet do you live on, man?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]
(superalpha here) from what I understand, the severe winds that day blew down the power line, but some lady blamed it on the high power machine guns, with no evidence at all, just speculation
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
2.  If you didnt want the fire discussed, why did you post this, asking us to guess at what caused it?  

The first thread I noticed anyone talking about knowledge of a fire, was yours.  Some guy just mentioned the berm had been burned by a previous fire... and you stirred the pot with the big fire mystery.

Then, you call someone else an "idiot" for bringing up what he heard about it.... after YOU started talking about it???

Some guy mentioned it was recently burned by a tracer. That's false information and I was correcting him. I never elaborated on it, now did I? Not until TxLewis decided to post it in the other thread.

I also didn't directly ask you to guess how it happened-- and its clearly obvious that TxLewis seems to know the story as he knows some details that weren't posted, such as the power line... his post starting this thread, is considered "stirring the pot". If I wanted to "stir the pot" I would have come out and said the details.

I live on fucking earth, not on AR15.com.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:10:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some guy mentioned it was recently burned by a tracer. That's false information and I was correcting him. I never elaborated on it, now did I? Not until TxLewis decided to post it in the other thread.

I also didn't directly ask you to guess how it happened-- and its clearly obvious that TxLewis seems to know the story as he knows some details that weren't posted, such as the power line... his post starting this thread, is considered "stirring the pot". If I wanted to "stir the pot" I would have come out and said the details.

I live on fucking earth, not on AR15.com.

Don't you have some wings to count?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't be a dick. I ordered 20 wings, I should get 20, not 17. Wings aren't cheap at Hooters-- 3 wings is about the price of a beer or softdrink, or fries when you pay normal prices.

You would have done the same if you ordered a hamburger and they gave you 1 patty instead of 2, or left off your fries, or never gave you your drink.

Why do you always have to be an asshole about that? You know I'm right.

PS: I at least have the balls to stand up for what's right, and insist they correct the problem. You obviously would have let them rip you off... Would it be okay if I sold you a box of 50 rounds, that was missing 10? I thought so. What if WalMart did that?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:57:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't be a dick. I ordered 20 wings, I should get 20, not 17. Wings aren't cheap at Hooters-- 3 wings is about the price of a beer or softdrink, or fries when you pay normal prices.

You would have done the same if you ordered a hamburger and they gave you 1 patty instead of 2, or left off your fries, or never gave you your drink.

Why do you always have to be an asshole about that? You know I'm right.

PS: I at least have the balls to stand up for what's right, and insist they correct the problem. You obviously would have let them rip you off... Would it be okay if I sold you a box of 50 rounds, that was missing 10? I thought so. What if WalMart did that?

lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:32:33 AM EDT
[#14]
E - he is just baiting you man.... and you are still defending yourself.  

Someone just bring up the watches so we can get this thread locked already.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:39:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

yeah yeah.. ok...

Wanna buy a watch? LMAO
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah yeah.. ok...

Wanna buy a watch? LMAO

Man that was a sweet deal, sure wish I could have got one of those babies !!

All of you that scored one were lucky to get one

Wish I had one...aaawwee
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Wish I had one...aaawwee

If you *really* want one, I might be able to convince my dad to give up his... I gave him one for Father's day (or was it his birthday?) a while back-- he never wears it, but he really likes it because it was really well done... I had to buy my brother's so I could give one to FALARAK.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wish I had one...aaawwee

If you *really* want one, I might be able to convince my dad to give up his... I gave him one for Father's day (or was it his birthday?) a while back-- he never wears it, but he really likes it because it was really well done... I had to buy my brother's so I could give one to FALARAK.

That was considerate and thoughtful.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Are you guys gonna finish jerking each other off now?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You feeling left out???
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

TRG

I will leave that to you others that are into that kind of shit !
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Who's Cherokee handles more like a sports car?

Energizer's or FALARAK's

I give a slight edge to FALARAK's Cherokee.

Riiight.... just remember who wasted your SUV at the farm...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Energizer's or FALARAK's

Sometimes.... I think to myself.... "he cant be serious"???   Then, amazingly, I realize.... you are.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Energizer's or FALARAK's

Just remember who's SUV can win a tug-o-war against all of yours at the same time!  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#27]

The first thread I noticed anyone talking about knowledge of a fire, was yours.  Some guy just mentioned the berm had been burned by a previous fire...

Indeed it was, and I'm the one who caused it by shooting tracers.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Bad trucker, no lot lizard for 30 days.

TXL
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Just remember who's SUV can win a tug-o-war against all of yours at the same time!  

But you don't own your "SUV"...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But you don't own your "SUV"...

Uh... I'm not talking about the Freightshaker there little lady

Now... If only I can manage to show up to the pull
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Bad trucker, no lot lizard for 30 days.

TXL

Good thing... I only have a 15 day supply of penicillin.

Guess I'll have to go to Mexico for more.

Uh... penicillin that is
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you give one back if you got 21?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:45:23 AM EDT
[#33]
I really like Tom Bean, dont get it closed down!

Its the only range in this region where you can actually have a fun time shooting.

Lock this thread and dont speak of it no more here!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:17:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Would you give one back if you got 21?  

And we all know you wouldn't give anything back if you took it.

I paid for at least 20. If they want to give me more, that's up to them-- its their establishment. However, they cannot short me for something I am paying them for.

So you are saying that if you ordered a chicken sandwich with fries and a beer, and they never gave you your beer, but charged you for it-- you wouldn't say anything and you'd pay anyway? We all know that's BULLSHIT.

And if they gave you double the fries, you would tell them and have them correct it? Riiight.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:05:52 AM EDT
[#35]
don't act like it was 3 wings, it was one.

Too many witnesses saw the manager put 1 (ONE) wing on a platter with garnish to bring to you.

TXL
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
don't act like it was 3 wings, it was one.

Too many witnesses saw the manager put 1 (ONE) wing on a platter with garnish to bring to you.

TXL

Oh yea, let's start making up a new number now.
Obviously you guys are blind and forgetful-- there was no garnish either. It was just a small plate with wings.

And yes, if they shorted me even 1 wing, I would ask them to get me another since that's what I am paying for.

Wings are no longer $.15 each, like they used to be between 3pm and 6pm 8+ years ago.

Rarely are they $.25 anymore.

This was back during lunch hour, no specials, when normal wings, 20 count, were about $10+. That's at least $.50 they shorted me.

Again, this can apply to anything-- want cheese with that? Usually cheese is $.30 to $.50-- if they charged you for it and left it off your sandwich, I guarantee all of you would bitch about it and make them bring you some cheese or correct the bill-- what makes a missing wing any different? Nothing, except there were more on the plate.

Whoop-dee-doo... You guys are FULL OF SHIT when you say you wouldn't have it corrected.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:58:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:36:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I cannot believe you morons are SILL arguing about this.  You truly are morons.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Shhhhh... we've hijacked the thread...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:24:50 AM EDT
[#40]
really, who the fuck counts their wings?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
really, who the fuck counts their wings?

I'm actually trying to watch what I eat.............so, I do
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#45]
We all need to find some land nearby, maybe in Collin County. Buy in as a corporation, and use it as we see fit.

We all pay maybe $20/30 a month for the rent/mortage, install a berm, build a shack etc......

When anyone of us wants to shoot and train or even a gathering we will have a private place for only us.

If we get somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty to thirty people in, seriously we all can own it in 4-5 years or so.

Also make some money for range fee's. ............if we decided to use it for public use also.

Just wishful thinking is all..........
I am seriously thinking of purchasing some more land nearby as investment property, and would like the idea of some private land to be used as this. Hell, having a private land or training/shooting ground never hurt nobody, no?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Read your post, dude.

I think it's against CoC to call someone a moron in the sentance after such a blatant spelling error.

I think.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#47]
This thread has turned into some weird Sienfeld thingy.

Jerry: I got the wings
George: No, They shorted you 3 wings! I want restitution!!!!
Kramer: You gonna eat those?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
This thread has turned into some weird Sienfeld thingy.

Jerry: I got the wings
George: No, They shorted you 3 wings! I want restitution!!!!
Kramer: You gonna eat those?

Newman: As the only representative of the Federal Government, I shall take said wings into, uh... "protective" custody!"  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Come on, to be fair Mike's always been well behaved when I've been out to eat wit youse guys.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top