Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 8:44:05 PM EDT
If you did not get a chance to sign up, please IM Recruit_Killer to get on the list for the next class

OK Guys, you've been asking about...so here it is, and if you've gone through one of the Tactical Rifle courses , this one is the perfect compliment:

Recruit Killer, a/k/a Chris is offering the following

Hello all,

It is that time again, and with no overhead, the prices could not be better. September 6th 13th, 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. The courses will be held at the Collin County Gun Range on the back Tac - Pit. CCIDPA Problem? Please let me know ASAP.

If you are interested in attending, please e-mail me at this address and I can start the scheduling process.

There are 14 slots available --

The Tactical Pistol Course is $125.00 per person. The description and equipment required to attend is as follows:

The Tactical Pistol takes your personal skills to a new level. From the sound building blocks of a basic class, the student learns to engage targets while moving, use cover to his advantage,and begin to build fluidity into movement and CQB scenarios. The pressure is turned up as the student hones his skill set on shoot-no shoots, and room clearing. Correct threat assessment and movement while engaging targets are integral parts of this class. As the student progress and learns to piece individual skills together into action, he will be presented with scenarios which will test his weapons ability as well as his ability to deal with stressful situations.

Course Highlights
Firearms Safety
Warm up
Magazine Changes
Immediate Action (Clearing a Malfunction)
Drawing the Pistol
Time Drills
Use of Cover
Target Acquisition
Multiple engagement drills
Room clearing drills
Movement Shooting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equipment List

Signed Waiver
Primary Weapon
Pistol
Holster
3 Magazines
500 Rounds Pistol
Ear and Eye Protection
Firearms Cleaning Kit
Sun Screen / Foul Weather Gear (Contingent on time of year)
Hat
Sun Glasses
Water / Gatorade
Snacks / Lunch
(PRICE) $125.00

Thanks,

Chris

If you can't get a hold of Chris, shoot me an email or im.

See ya on the range

Commanderjb

(Mods please tack)

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:24:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Energizer and Superalpha are going!
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, its on a Friday again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
commanderjb,

Please put me on your list.   If you will email me at [email protected], I can give you more of my information.

Thanks!

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Damn, its on a Friday again.

According to my calendar, its on a Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool, Then I think I will go to this.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in.

Edited to add: email sent with some questions.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey all,

Wow, I take off for three days and my e-mail ends up on ar15!  I know you were excited about this up coming class, but this rocks!  Thanks Commanderjb...

Please IM me for details about this course and I will arrange with you individually about the details.  Looks as though there are 6 (?) off this thread and I have about 4 (?) from the e-mails I am plowing through.  I will cap this course at 14 so let me know asap if you are up so I can save your boat space...

be safe,

cg
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey all,

The seats are going fast.  Looks like I have 10 confirmed.  I would like to cap this thing quick so please, if I sent you an im today, respond soon.  Many have and thank you.  If you would like your space reserved, please let me know im or e-mail...

c
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 7:13:33 AM EDT
[#10]
If you are going to the course, please post a reply so that we can get an accurate count.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you are going to the course, please post a reply so that we can get an accurate count.

Looks like I have 5 coming, plus the members of "this" board.  So start the # with 5, plus commanderjb, then...

Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Energizer & Superalpha have already paid (like 2 minutes ago) and waiting for Sept. 6...

Now to decide on the "type" of gear I am looking for...
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#13]
So far we have:

Energizer
SuperAlpha
drjeffallen
ilikelegs
bigsapper
eric the hun
commanderjb
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey All,

After checking with everyone, it is unanimous on the 13th of September.  We will be meeting no later than 0900, ready to go at the Collin County Gun Range in McKinney.  SuperAlpha and Energizer, please let me know Monday.

If there is a conflict in October there will be another pistol course.  I would like to knock this one out on Sept. 13th so we could maybe do rifles again in October.

Thanks again for everyone understanding about this "rain date".

C
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Reminder: The Tac Pistol Course will be on Saturday, 13 September 2003.  Can't wait!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#16]
SuperAlpha and I are definately going and are already paid up!

This is one course NOT to pass up!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I just saw that the dates changed.  Are there any slots still open?

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I had to give up my slot. There is aty least one spot still available. I have to move into an apt that weekend.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Zmeja - shoot RecruitKiller an IM.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Done.  Thanks.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Zmeja added to class list.  Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So far we have:

Energizer
SuperAlpha
drjeffallen
ilikelegs
bigsapper
eric the hun
commanderjb

Zmeja and I have 4 or 6 depending on what pit we shoot in!  See you all there and if there is anything you need prior to game day, let me know.  Those mailing payments, I will let you know when I receive them via IM.  

c
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:04:35 AM EDT
[#24]
J,

shoot me an e-mail and I will send you a doc...

c
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#25]
commanderjb--

congrats on filling the class
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#26]
One week from today!  I will see everybody there.  Bring plenty of water or sports drink, ammo, your gun of course and be ready for a great day!  We need to be there and ready no later than 0900 and will start the class at 0900 and go hot at 11:00.  Collin County Gun Range located on 380 in McKinney East of 75 by about 3 or 4 miles.

See ya then,

c
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#27]
BTT for a reminder:

CLASS STARTS AT 0900, SAY AGAIN, 0900 TOMORROW 13 September
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Guns are clean and ready to get dirty again.
Ammo and gear is packed. I'm ready ! See you guys tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#29]
In taking a critical eye to the equipment list in the first post I have a question. What's the difference between a primary weapon and a pistol for this course?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I believe that was a carry over from the Tactical Rifle course (but you are welcome to bring more than one pistola ).
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Can we bring our AR's and shoot them ?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Bring EVERYTHING you have, including ALL mags fully loaded.

You will not be disappointed.... Collin County will be very upset
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#33]
It was nice shootin with you all. Thanks to whomever it was for loaning me one of their mag holsters. Sorry I didn't catch your name but I had to jet at 3:30. Thanks CommanderJB for the mags and the advice. And Steve for letting me buy some ammo off him.

Anyways, I enjoyed it.

As always Chris was a complete pro.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow! What a course! So much information. It was very informative and fun at the same time. It was the best $$$ I've ever spent. (except for this one "lady" at Crazy Sexy's in Frankfurt )

Well, how couldn't it be fun putting all those rounds down range.

It was great meeting new board members and seeing familiar faces.

Chris...great course! I can't wait for the next one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Wow! What a course! So much information. It was very informative and fun at the same time. It was the best $$$ I've ever spent. (except for this one "lady" at Crazy Sexy's in Frankfurt )

Now, bigsapper, your wife know about this?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Great class Chris! Thanks for putting this together.
Look forward to the next one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:43:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now, bigsapper, your wife know about this?

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
It was nice shootin with you all. Thanks to whomever it was for loaning me one of their mag holsters. Sorry I didn't catch your name but I had to jet at 3:30. Thanks CommanderJB for the mags and the advice. And Steve for letting me buy some ammo off him.

Anyways, I enjoyed it.

THellURider,

Not a problem on the mag holder....I hope it helped you enjoy the great course....

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyways, I enjoyed it.

THellURider,

Not a problem on the mag holder....I hope it helped you enjoy the great course....

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Yeah it absolutely helped. hopefully I'll get mine soon in the mail (3 weeks). Without it the course would have been far less enjoyable.

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I really enjoyed myself too, and learned a lot.  It was a hoot for me to shoot magazine after magazine, with double-taps and all, and learning the proper way of doing things.

I don't think I had ever shot more than 200 rounds in one day on a pistol, and Saturday I shot around 750.

"most important thing is your platform...take it with you"

"tip, tip, post"

Can't wait to take more classes, thanks all.

-Zmeja (Trey from San Antonio)
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#41]
[bragging]
Shot in the top 50% overall in my match on Sunday, (Well attended with 4 Masters & 2 Experts out of 16 shooters). I was 1st in my Division/Classification. I even outshot the 1st place of my division next higher classification.
[/bragging]

Slow is smooth; Smooth is fast.

Thanks again Chris for a great course.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey all,

Thanks again, I am on the road, things are well, just busy!  Those cheat sheets, pleas e-mail me in two weeks and I will get them to you.  If you are headed to the range before then, please let me know and I will have the wife dig it up and e-mail them, just shoot me a line.  Trey, only you shot 750+ becasue you shot one round through each magazine which you had 750 of :)

all take care and talk soon,  let me know about the Carbine in Nov!

C
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top