Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/18/2003 7:14:58 PM EDT
has anyone here ever hears, or god forbid SAID anything good about llamas? my wife wants the little 380 that looks like a 1911. i would prefer something else. give me the straight skinny on them. i know they are inexpensive, and there is usually a reason for that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:37:51 PM EDT
I haven't had a llama personally. I know my old man told me he had one in a semi 22lr pistol. He mentioned to me that after about 2k rounds through it, it started to empty whole clips at one pull of the trigger. But that was way back in the day for him. Other than that he said he liked the pistol, but traded it for something else when he told the dealer about the problem.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:00:38 AM EDT
STAY AWAY FORM THE YAWMA, I mean the Llama. They had a terrible reputation inthe early 80s and I have seen nothing from them tha tI would bet my life or a loved one's life on.

A magazinwe fro the early 80s, Handgun TEst, bought them over the counter and everyone of them sucked.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:16:03 AM EDT
If it's just going to be a go-to-the-range-and-blast gun, Llama would be OK. I wouldn't bet my life on one, tho.

I have one of them that you're talking about, it's the MicroMax. Neat ass little pistol. It's identical to a 1911, except no locking lugs on the barrel, so it's straight blowback. Kicks like a mofo, but mine has gone bang every time for over 200 rounds. Been pretty reliable for me.

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:23:41 AM EDT
Funny thing about Llama's v. other guns. HANDGUN TEST magazine rated the $65.00 RAVEN .25acp over the Llama pistols for reliability and servicability.
Top Top