Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 1:21:52 PM EDT
I am really depressed with the area I bought my house in. I live Carrollton in a nice neighborhood (150K to 600K price range) and the crime problems are out of control. My brand new Dodge truck has ended up on blocks and been shot up (in front of my house- went in to my next door neighbors front window after glancing off the truck. I have had these MF hit the brakes as they come down my alley at night when they see the garage door open, only to floor it when they see me or my wife in the garage. Most of my neighbors have been garage robbed and things got more serious two weeks ago when a neighbor suprised a thief in the garage and proceeded to beat the crap out of him until the OTHER 3 thiefs came back into the garage to help out their buddy- the homeowner was unarmed and just let the guy go to keep form getting beaten himself. Sheeh- a Carrollton PD officer told me privately that there are only 6 patrol officers on duty at night (which is why I get frustrated that all I ever see is these guys giving out speed tickets on the main street (Hebron for those who know the area) in front of my neighborhood. I have my CC and know what the concequences of even a justified shooting would be but damn this sucks- its gotten to the point where I think about catching these assholes myself all the time. I am positive that if I left the garage door up on Friday night- and waited around I would be having a 'prayer meeting' with one of these bastards before midnight. I have called and written the city PD and city hall- got thank you notes in return. Help me come up with a solution before I do something stupid like watch Deathwish 2 and 3 back to back.  ;)

Sorry for the rant but I am really disturbed over this. At least I got the wife to let me get the gunsafe.

Jason
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Got the crime watch in full effect with patrols and all. Im not excited about lighting someone up or anything- I can't afford it and the neighbors would look at funny after the police take down all the yellow tape down and pick up the 20 dixie cups they used to mark where the shell cases landed. I would mind administering a proper ass whipping though. I have to admit, the thought of having the police pick up a punk that was left out back of my house hog-tied with .5 inch zip ties does sound great. I'm sure thats some form of kidnapping though..  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]

You mentioned in another thread where you have a deer lease in another county. Just dig deep holes and keep them ready. I know that country well, and probably know places that God can't find... Just a thought... fullclip
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Hate to tell you this, but that is how that area is.

I used to live in Carrollton area, and have friends that still do. When I lived there, it was turning into the ghetto, and serious crime was rising quickly. My friends are constantly dealing with neighborhood crime/vandalism. Its been really bad for a couple years now. Even my realtor shyed away from the area when I was looking for a house....
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Automatic garage door closer....

www.autocloser.com
www.smarthome.com/7137.html
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I was at a storage area in Little Elm three weeks ago and spoke to two separate families moving into LE from Carrollton.  They said it was turning into little Mexico/Central America.  And no, not in a positive "cheap tequila/donkey show/I like enchiladas" kind of way.  More of a "grafitti everywhere, gangs, vandalism, you look at me wrong and I'll cut you" kind of way.

sad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top