Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 8:02:03 PM EDT
As you know 59 welfare-enabling democrat representatives are cowardly hiding in Ardmore, OK to avoid arrest for abandoning their duties to the PEOPLE who foolishly elected them.  As Americans we should compel all public servants to uphold the laws they enact and to abide by the common rules and procedures of conducting the state's business.  These people should be recalled and replaced.  If your rep. is participating in this immature pity party, please conract your precinct commissioner concerning recall proceedings.  Next year make sure that these people are defeated in the primaries.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Down here in the Valley, the population is 91% Hispanic and they'd vote Democ Rat no matter what. These State Reps are more interested in the "rights" of the multitudes of "undocumented immigrants" than they are in mine. As far as they're concerned, the valley would be better off without the guarros.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
If I were deputized, I would most certainly make the drive up there and bring them back on a cattle truck.

Some people are praising them as "Great Texans," but if anyone at the Alamo had used their tactic, then we wouldn't be here.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, I missed the news...
Why are they hiding in OK???

Avoid arrest???  what did they do???

Duh, they're Democrats. What didn't they do...

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Trying to protect their phony-balony jobs! There was a re-districting bill up for vote and a bunch of them were going to either lose their distric or be moved into new ones with strong Republican opponents.  They all left for Oklahoma so there would be no quorum. No quorum, no vote. The bill will die Thursday at mid night if there is no vote. Cowardly Bastards!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
They are great Texans.  I disagree w/ their politics, but the TX legislature has been out of control this session and should have been shut down last month.

The Repub Majority have engaged in Tyrannical behavior and they are now paying for it.

And you are right about them leaving to save their jobs.  The repubs are attempting to redistrict the Dems out of office.  Unfortuantely, for the Craddick, the dickhead would rather be embarrassed by the minority than engage in a fair redistricting.  The process that Craddick is engaging in is called GERRYMANDERING!  Carving out districts to fit the needs of the majority party.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They are great Texans.  I disagree w/ their politics, but the TX legislature has been out of control this session and should have been shut down last month.

The Repub Majority have engaged in Tyrannical behavior and they are now paying for it.

And you are right about them leaving to save their jobs.  The repubs are attempting to redistrict the Dems out of office.  Unfortuantely, for the Craddick, the dickhead would rather be embarrassed by the minority than engage in a fair redistricting.  The process that Craddick is engaging in is called GERRYMANDERING!  Carving out districts to fit the needs of the majority party.  

welcome to midland
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone (Rep. Charlie Gonzalez) likened it to the Alamo Battle.  I honestly read that in the paper.  That is in no way similar.  At the Battle of the Alamo, the defenders knew the opposing army was massive, but yet they did not flee like hens running at the first sign of trouble.  They stayed and fought even though the odds were greatly against them.  For Charlie Gonzalez to make a statement like that, history would have to show the Alamo defenders fled the same way.  BUT THEY DIDN'T so don't put them damn dem's in the same category.  I don't believe what they did this week is honorable.  I do believe what the Alamo defenders did was very very honorable.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but for a long time the democrats were in power and it is my opinion that things got way out of hand a lot of times, but I can't remember the republicans fleeing like a bunch of hens.  If I am wrong about the republicans running, please correct me.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but for a long time the democrats were in power and it is my opinion that things got way out of hand a lot of times, but I can't remember the republicans fleeing like a bunch of hens.  If I am wrong about the republicans running, please correct me.  

I'm a native Texan and I don't remember either party abandoning their duty in the past. It doesn't surprise me any that the dems would be first. It also doesn't surprise me any that they would run rather than stay and debate and follow proper procedures. They are plenty quick to throw out amnesty after amnesty to buy scores of thousands of votes from those who shouldn't be here or be allowed to vote but as soon as there's a chance of moving toward more parity they run. Every one that went to Oklahoma is unworthy and unfit to hold office. They failed to represent their constituents or the state as a whole, both of which are their duty. I hope every one of them is defeated in the next election.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#9]
SC,

How is the gerrymandering done by Craddick any worse than the g-mandering pushed through by Marty Frost in '91?  Marty ghettoized the GOP in '91.  Be a man, SC, and accept Texas politics.

Texas is a Republican state.  I have lived in Texas since '59.  When the Dems were in charge, they screwed with glee anyone who didn't toe the official Dem line.  The GOP stood and fought them.

In my youth, I had the privilege to get to interview Dem stalwarts such as Ralph Yarborough, Sissy Farenthold, unrepentant New Deal congressman W.R. bob Pogue, Price Daniels Jr., and even Cesar Chavez (yes, I know...he wasn't a Texan).  I didn't care for their ideas, but they did fight.  I also met and talked with John Tower.  Out-numbered and outgunned, he took his GOP ideas all the way to the Senate.  He would have been Sec. of Defense, but the Dems blocked him ON THE GROUNDS HE WAS A WOMANIZER!   So much for the caliber of the people from the party of Clinton and Kennedy.

I have also gotten to talk to W.  I will take the integrity of W, DeLay, the Late Sen. Tower, and my rep., Dr. Burgess over the gutless, spineless, courageless, titty-babies who ran to Ardmore and their public-money eating sycophants any day.

Glory, glory, Halleluhiah!  For the first time since Reconstruction, the GOP is in charge of both houses of the Texas Legislature.  The only power the Dems have is what the GOP used to have.  But the GOP always stood and fought, never ran, even when they could have prevented a quarum.

Now, because of the will of the voters, Texas is GOP.  What do the Dems do?  Run and hide.  The old-time Dems wouldn't have done that.  These new Dems, most of whom happen to be lawyers and would gladly screw you for a cup of coffee, lack the character of the old Texas Dems.

It took the GOP to get CCW in Texas.  The Dems fought it.  The Dem Congressmen also voted for the AWB.  

Be a Dem or a gun-owner, SC, but you can't be both and have any sort of personal integrity.

Those Dem-bastards ran and hid.  They will get slaughtered in the next election.  Real Texans don't cotton to cowards.  

What will the brave Dems do when they can't block a quorum?  They might have to enter the arena of ideas.  If I were them, I would be scared....because in that arena, the Dems and their ideas have been getting killed, are getting killed, and will continue to be killed.

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#10]
VolgaDeutsch55

Ditto...

Couldn't have said it any better...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top