Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/7/2007 8:16:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vulcan20mm] [#1]
Hello,

Now Residing in Spring Hill KS
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to Kansas!

You will probably be surprised at the gun laws compared to where you are from.
Probably not a lot to know, compared to Kalifornistan.

As far as transportation, unloaded and not accessible will get you by. Locked in a case and in the trunk is better.

No firearms registration, except for NFA (duh), SBR, etc.

We do have concealed carry. You need to be a resident for 6 months, take the class, etc.

If any other questions, post them here. Someone will be able to answer them.

Link Posted: 5/8/2007 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Zack, from Pittsburg. Student at PSU graduating the 19, leaving for Marine Corps bootcamp June 5th.
Link Posted: 5/10/2007 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello everyone!

My name is Phillip and I live in Arkansas City witch is 50 miles SE of Wichata.
I'm a machinst for GE. We work on T700 Military helicoptor engines that go on Blackhawks and Appache attack helicoptors.
Link Posted: 5/14/2007 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
my name is troy and i'm in ottawa, i don't have an AR yet but i will hopefully have one soon
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 12:29:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi,

I am Darin Reiss.  I was just going through this string of posts and realized I hadn't added my name yet.

I live in Haysville.

I have the following jobs:

Beautiful wife and 4 kids

CPA/Financial Anaylst

Reserve Police Officer - Kechi, KS

FFL/SOT specializing in refinishing of Class 3 and other weapons with military finishes - manganese phosphating (parkerizing), molycoating, duracoating and powder coating.  I don't do blueing (recommend Aaron Einsel in Greensburg, KS).  He, his family, his house and his shop were all spared by the Tornado.

I mostly shoot at Bullseye but have a few farms to go shoot at for longer range.  I have a titanium can coming for my Accuracy International Arctic Warfare that I would like to try out in the country as soon as it comes in.

Thanks,
Darin
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Mac from Derby

Currently out of the local area, but hope to get home in September

New XCR, FAL, and Benelli M4 will be waiting for me
Link Posted: 5/19/2007 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Deric/Richmond, KS/Truck Driver

Today, I bought My 1st and 2nd stripped lowers and just need direction on which way to to and where to get parts for the best price...  Thinking of building a 20" flatty and a maybe a carbine or just bite the bullet and build a 300 fireball/whisper.  

What do you suggest???

Thanks in Advance,
:D

height=8
 When I was 19, I did a guy in Laos with a rifle shot at a thousand yards in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing I was ever good at... (Martin Riggs, Lethal Weapon)
height=8
Link Posted: 5/23/2007 12:52:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PantherArms762] [#9]
David (29) from Kansas City kansas, (actually Mission).

Moved here from Hutchinson Kansas about 7 yrs ago.

Aerospace machinist......

ETA: Just bought my 1st EBR.
DPMS A4 Carbine
Ruger P95 stainless 9mm
ECT....
Dont know shit about AR's yet, but gonna learn
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 6:15:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coopmandu] [#10]
My name is Jeff Howlett
I am the owner of Kansas Firearms Specialties LLC
in Tonganoxie KS (just west of KC)\
We have a store front coming up on 5 years now.  
We are a Class III FFL/SOT   working with suppressors and sub guns for LE as well as out retail shop
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi my name is Pete I run RMP Gunworks in Topeka Kansas. I shoot any chance I get.
I have a loving wife, a dog and two cats.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#12]
My names Marty.

I live in Lawrence/Olathe depending on summer/winter break from KU. Im looking for a good range near Lawrence if anyone knows of any that would be awsome. thanks
Link Posted: 7/6/2007 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Name is Danny and I live in Marion.  I work at a plant in McPherson as a Security Manager.  I have a nice little C&R collection going and have been around AR's for sometime and love building them!  My only gripe is places to shoot.  The closest place is Maxwell game preserve and it's 25 miles away!
Link Posted: 7/9/2007 4:20:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I've seen a couple of Ottawans post; I live in Emporia, work in Ottawa.
Link Posted: 7/24/2007 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By PantherArms762:

DPMS A4 Carbine
Ruger P95 stainless 9mm
ECT....

Wife is from Little river BTW for all you McPhersoners and Lyoners....
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Sean from Lenora (didn't think anyone knew where that was).  Little town in NW Kansas.  Currently active duty Marine Corps so I don't stay in one place too long, right now that place is California.  home
Link Posted: 8/27/2007 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok here is my first post. My name is Tim, I live near LaCygne, before that in Paola,and I work as an electrician in Lenexa.
Link Posted: 9/3/2007 3:26:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Hi all. Tracy from Topeka. I'm a machinist for a printing company. I enjoy building Ar's, currently waiting for my form#1 paper work so I can build a S.B.R. Does anyone know if the CLEO in Shawnee county will sign off on the form#1? Thanks Tracy
Link Posted: 9/16/2007 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey all,

Paul from Topeka here.  Love getting out and shooting as much as possible.

I'm currently in my second year of law school and also in the Kansas National Guard as a 13F (forward observer).

Definitely interested in meeting up with other people if anyone wants to get together to shoot sometime.

Out
Link Posted: 9/16/2007 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By 13FIST:
Hey all,

Paul from Topeka here.

Originally Posted By Border_Ruffian:
Hi all. Tracy from Topeka.

Welcome! Hope you guys can make it to one of the KDSC shoots!
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the welcome Scorch. Not real familiar with the KDSC event, but will have to check into it. Hi Paul, I used to do my drill weekends down there at the Armory on south Topeka Blvd. I was with the 714th Maintenance company. Thanks for your service. Been pretty busy lately, but wouldn't mind going plinking some day.  Tracy
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 2:44:27 AM EDT
[#22]

DPMS A4 Carbine
Ruger P95 stainless 9mm
ECT....

Ouch, I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 1:33:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bdub] [#23]
My name is brandon and I from newton. I currently live in topeka an attend washburn university(hitsory major).

i mostly bird hunt and play with my pistols, but i want to try and build an ak kit soon. i need to have something more sinister than a lever action in the rifle department.

anybody here know any good shooting places around topeka?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:07:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rebelf1] [#24]
Kaw Vally Gun Club.
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#25]
My name is Jeremy and I am a ARaholic, wait wrong forum! anyway just moved to Olathe a few months ago from Virginia.
Link Posted: 11/3/2007 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#26]

For anyone contemplating moving to Olathe, please remember that it is "O-lay-thuh" not "O-lath".

Had a Californian once ask me the directions to "O-lath", and it took a few minutes to figure out she meant Olathe.
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#27]

DPMS A4 Carbine
Ruger P95 stainless 9mm
ECT....

Interesting I'm from Lyons originally, moved to Pratt for my job @ the SO here.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#28]
My name is Jeff and I live in Kansas City, MO!  I know I am not in Kansas but I grew up and Wichita and I work in Lenexa.  So whatever.  I also can tell you I cant shoot left handed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#29]
My name is Tim, I live in Kansas City Kansas

hit me up if you want to go shooting sometime.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Hello all, I'm Shawn from Ark City. Transplanted Okie. Haven't played too much with ar's since I ETS in 03. Looking to buy one in the somewhat near future.
Link Posted: 12/13/2007 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#31]
My name is Darrin

I live in Arkansas City (50 miles South East of Wichita).  I work at the new firearms shop that is opening in Ark City.  I also had a construction equipment business that I am selling out at the end of the year, to work full time at the shop.
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Signing in from Andover... grew up in Kensington... first ar was a colt ar15 - traded for DPMS in 308... and loving it!
Aaron
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By rust:
Signing in from Andover... grew up in Kensington... first ar was a colt ar15 - traded for DPMS in 308... and loving it!
Aaron

You have a place to shoot?
Link Posted: 12/31/2007 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Joe Stephens.. in Olathe.. checking in!!!

Any good shooting ranges in the area?
Link Posted: 12/31/2007 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Tim... I want to go shooting some time.. can find any good ranges around...

later..
Joe... Olathe
Link Posted: 12/31/2007 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Hi all,
My name is Verlin and live in the Emporia area and work at Detroit Diesel.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Hi I'm Dave just moved to Gardner, just south of Olathe.  I need a place i can shoot pistol, rifle and shotgun.  I can do the pistol at the bullet hole and the shotgun at Powder creek (sporting clays) but nothing of the black rifle variety.  Please help, I am dying to put some holes in paper.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey Dave, a group of us are getting together from work over in Pleasant Hill in two weekends.. all sorts of black rifles... pistols and etc...

Let me know if your in!

Later! !
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#39]

mac130,  I haven't aranged much yet for a place to shoot.  I do if I visit home in Kensington.  The company I work for has some property close to Augusta and i can make a range there if I am so inclined.  I will visit bullseye soon.
Rust
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey Jostha2007,

two weekends like the 12 or the 19?  I leave town the 14 so the wife wouldn't be too thrilled with me taking off the day before to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#41]
The 12th. actually.. but i will let you know when we go again.  A group of us head up to leavenworth from time to time as well.

We need to get us a little AR15 gun club started so we can start getting to know each other.. and pool our resources!

Later...

Link Posted: 1/4/2008 4:17:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mac130] [#42]

Originally Posted By rust:
mac130,  I haven't aranged much yet for a place to shoot.  I do if I visit home in Kensington.  The company I work for has some property close to Augusta and i can make a range there if I am so inclined.  I will visit bullseye soon.
Rust

I heard about Bullseye, but I also heard you have to shoot their ammo.

If you come up with a place outside, let me know. I'm in Derby, and have several rifles. AR's, XCR,s, SIG 556, and a few FAL's.
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a place out side.. over in Misery.. lots of wide open spaces.. and plenty of ammo and guns...

Link Posted: 1/4/2008 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Sounds great.  Count me in.  It is looking like from those that check in that there are quite a few ARFcomers in the KC metro, but no good place to go for black rifles and related shooters.
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#45]
What's up. I just joined the site today. I am looking to get involved with some orginized shooting. I have always been into shooting. But I never get out to do it near enough. I have an AR, Glock, Benelli pump, and SKS. I love to shoot them all.  Looking to meet some good guys to shoot with. I live in Gardner,Ks. Hope to meet some of you soon.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#46]
height=8
Originally Posted By Zman12:
What's up. I just joined the site today. I am looking to get involved with some orginized shooting. I have always been into shooting. But I never get out to do it near enough. I have an AR, Glock, Benelli pump, and SKS. I love to shoot them all.  Looking to meet some good guys to shoot with. I live in Gardner,Ks. Hope to meet some of you soon.Take a look at the KDSC thread we are having a shoot the last weekend of the month.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks. I was looking at that. Sounds like fun!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#48]
height=8

Our main concern is safety, but everyone has alot of fun.  Please feel free to come out, the more the merrier.
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By deadaim5001:

Our main concern is safety, but everyone has alot of fun.  Please feel free to come out, the more the merrier.

how does one find the range?  I would like to join the club...

Thanks!

Joe
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#50]
It's south of Ottawa about 21 miles outside of Richmond. Next shoot is the 26th iirc
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top