Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:16:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WILSON:

I can do it if you still want, raf?     (I'll include a preemptive zero-tolerance warning)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By raf:
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
I am currently prohibited from posting in GD (please don't ask) but has anyone posted Moderator TimJ's demise in GD?

I can't do so, perhaps others can.  Please do so.

I posted about him in The Memorial forum and of course here. I don't have the stomach to post about him in GD.
I completely understand.

I can do it if you still want, raf?     (I'll include a preemptive zero-tolerance warning)
Go for it.  Much obliged! Tim deserves a thread in GD on his demise
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Also posting here to express my gravest and deepest condolences. I think he and I may have crossed paths before, rest easy sir.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayers for TimJ, his Family and for you WG,  losing someone like that is devastating.  I'm sorry for your loss, it never really gets easier, you just learn to cope with it.

hang in there man.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Prayers for TimJ, his family, and friends.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:15:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#6]
I believe this is Tim Jackson's Funeral Home Obituary: https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/ri/warwick/timothy-jackson-14090778
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I never had the pleasure to meet/interact with Tim but, based on so many of the reactions on this site, he must have been an amazing dude. I mourn your loss and RIP Tim.

Just because I'm a suspicious SOB who doesn't really trust most of my fellow men...any security planned for his home during services? A pro-2A obit does make one a target for burglary.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FatSteve:
I never had the pleasure to meet/interact with Tim but, based on so many of the reactions on this site, he must have been an amazing dude. I mourn your loss and RIP Tim.

Just because I'm a suspicious SOB who doesn't really trust most of my fellow men...any security planned for his home during services? A pro-2A obit does make one a target for burglary.
View Quote
I understand your concerns, but Tim's public Obit does not mention his 2A concerns.  I get the "raiding" of vacant homes during funeral services.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I understand your concerns, but Tim's public Obit does not mention his 2A concerns.  I get the "raiding" of vacant homes during funeral services.
View Quote

Look again: 7th paragraph, 1st and 2nd lines.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Don't yet see what you're referring-to.  Link, please.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

https://www.iannottifh.com/obituary/TIMOTHY-JACKSON
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

That's an Obit I've not yet seen.  Looks like the family augmented very basic Funeral Home generated Obit.

Whether or not Family is aware of "raiders" is up to them.  Concur that they consider such additional security, since they made a public mention of Tim's owning firearms.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Seems like they're not very well off (WG?).  Is there a place to donate a few bucks to help with final expenses?  I don't trust funeral homes much.
View Quote

The family has been quiet. Let me see what I can find out. I checked on them prior to the storm to make sure they were all set and was told they were ok.

I'll get back to you and if it's possible, maybe Striker can allow some type of donation thread (or whatever) here at the site. Thank you, WILSON, for offering.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:15:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#15]
I think that many of Tim's friends would be willing to donate to a fund specifically for Tim's family, if such is needed, and desired on their part.

Much obliged to WILSON for taking an interest, and helping.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:02:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Very sorry to hear.

How old was he?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By peacematu:
Very sorry to hear.

How old was he?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Tim was and still is a great guy. He bent over backwards when we would hold Second Amendment PAC events. He will be missed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Seems like they're not very well off (WG?).  Is there a place to donate a few bucks to help with final expenses?  I don't trust funeral homes much.
View Quote

@WILSON, @raf, @Justice23 and everyone else who is interested...

I spoke with Tim's sons at his wake this evening and mentioned to them that there some people here at AR15.com who would like to help out financially with some of the expenses. The ball is in their court. They said they'd get back to me this week.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Good to see a lot of familiar faces tonight, Tim touched a hell of a lot of peoples lives. The sheer number of Boy Scouts was astounding.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
Good to see a lot of familiar faces tonight, Tim touched a hell of a lot of peoples lives. The sheer number of Boy Scouts was astounding.
View Quote

My family and I got there at 4:10 and we left by 5:00.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I got there about 5:15 and left at 5:55…the entire lobby and parking lot was Boy Scouts, and parents of scouts. The lady in front of was telling his bride that Tim was the only positive male influence in his life, and she gave Tim full credit for her boy graduating high school and making College.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#23]
I got there about 4:45 and left about 5:15. Did not see anyone that I recognized, but everyone was masked, so no surprise there.

Very heartwarming turnout, and I reckon Tim's family was touched by the number of people coming to pay their respects.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Posted on my FB page:

Went to Tim Jackson's wake yesterday.  I was happy to see that so many folks there celebrated his life and his contributions to his community.Tim was an asset to his community; His passage should be mourned, but his life should be celebrated for his contributions.
We are not ourselves, but what what we make of ourselves.
Tim made a lot out of himself.  And influenced a lot of folks in his community.
I will miss Tim, greatly.  His many other friends also.
Godspeed, Tim, and RIP, my friend.

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I got there about 4:45 and left about 5:15. Did not see anyone that I recognized, but everyone was masked, so no surprise there.

Very heartwarming turnout, and I reckon Tim's family was touched by the number of people coming to pay their respects.
View Quote

IIRC, you are a tall fellow and I kept a lookout for someone who checked that box. Didn't notice anyone that fit that description.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:45:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#26]

IIRC, you are a tall fellow and I kept a lookout for someone who checked that box. Didn't notice anyone that fit that description.
View All Quotes

6'3", dressed in all black, eyeglasses, grey hair, white face mask, average build.  Holding a tan cap.  With face covered, who can tell? It's been years since we last saw each other.  I do regret we didn't meet.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:17:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 11:04:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#28]
Did you drive a charger in Bullitt?    
View Quote
LOL!  Thanks for the first "laugh" had from this whole thing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Miss you, buddy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Miss you Tim.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Miss you Tim.
View Quote
Yes, I think of Tim often.  RIP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top