Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/16/2005 1:49:39 PM EDT
So,

I can confirm that an engine block in a Cessna Light Aircraft is severly compromised by a .223 from approx 200 metres.

Bullet enters block with a neat hole and pings about inside a bit. Net result = broken engine.

No pictures as I forgot camera but next time I go along I'll take a pic.

I told my mate this who is currently serving and he seemed to think that was the most obvious thing in the world and that shooting engines to stop cars was a common occurance. Not usually for me it isn't.

So I was quite impressed :-)
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:32:37 AM EDT
Hiya,

I was always taught that, if you just managed to crack the caseing so that the coolant started to leak out causing the motor to over heat, leading to enjine failure then you were cooking with gas. Plane's are very sensitive bit's of kit, when motor problem's arrise the crew get all whimpy and want to try and return to their base to let the mechanic's repair their wonderfull flying maschine for them. Probably has something to do with them not being able to get out and dash for cover in a hurry. It normally mean's that they have to spend some time as a decending target under silk before they can get into the comparitive safety of the ground.

I wish I had so much money that I could shoot thing's that cost so much

We once got into trouble because somebody on exercise took to shooting at the Helicopter's with mini flare's

Once seen a Helicopter crash site, the rotor disintigrated on impact, the Heli crew all got out shaken up, but the bloke's in the final RV were not so lucky. One dead, & several wounded.

Tony
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:56:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:15:41 PM EDT
Nah there was an old one destined for the fire pit so I just had to shoot it.

How many other people have a shot a plane?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:02:15 AM EDT
Theres a guy at our club who's also into radio-controlled planes.....Could be good fun with the 12 bore.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:52:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2005 3:52:57 AM EDT by Scope-eye]

Originally Posted By steven_uk:
Theres a guy at our club who's also into radio-controlled planes.....Could be good fun with the 12 bore.....

You want to see what Mike Dillon does with RC planes and cars
Get the video "Firestorm in the Desert"

ETA: they are real cars, just RC'ed up.
Top Top