Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 1:34:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice kit lads, I must ask, where in God's good graces did you get the FAMAS at? the bloody kit I get here in the states and I can't get my hands on one. I've even gotten to borrow a L85A2 from the UKMOD (freaking 12 in the US and I got borrow one...) but I can't find a FAMAS any where.... French aren't very nice about letting me borrow their toys.....
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]

unfortunatly, I think no one FAMAS crossed the sea.. Even for us as shooter, it's very hard to find one. Most of them for public market were chambered in 222 rem and 22 lr. It's very hard to find one in 223 caliber. Always in semi.

Some of our AR15France members are in the field :

Link Posted: 12/22/2008 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice rifles... I just wish France would let them be shipped over here... of course getting them imported isn't easy...
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Im glad to see that the French Govt still recognizes the free mans right to own arms.
I fear that we are going to be attacked on all fronts by the incoming administration here in the states.  This coulld be a long dirty fight.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:28:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR15France] [#7]
little game between friends at the range on a Sunday

Bulgy AKSU vs AR15 Kitty Kat / 100m

ARTA vs MAxfr ( both AR15France.com members)

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/maxtrevoux/?action=view¤t=AKSU8KITTY.flv

thanks to MaxFr for the video.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:50:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks. there is a little AK vs AR even this week end.
lots of trash talking between both sides...lol

little picture to illustrate some are getting ready to roll.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:22:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: toemag] [#10]
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 5:22:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaxFr] [#11]
Somes pics of our event : AR15 vs AK47 contest , edition 1 :

VIDEOS

Edition 2 at the end of august , Le Puy-en-Velay, France.
Link Posted: 7/11/2009 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, that's done it for me.

I think I'll be learning French and moving over there, can't let you lads have all the fun to yourselves!
Link Posted: 11/27/2009 10:01:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mean_sartin] [#13]
Are those AR's made in France?

I'm thinking yes, but then again I don't have any idea.
Link Posted: 11/28/2009 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#14]
No.. I think only one franch brand as it's own lower (ESp) but im not even sure they make it in france..

brands you can find in france : Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite (probably imported before ITAR etc) and now, Sabre Defence industres (from GB), Oberland Arms (B&T built or not) ... That's about it I guess.. but a "frog" will soon confirm ;)
Link Posted: 6/11/2010 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Viva La France! Amazing that you have been able to retain your gun rights it is a testament to your level of freedom. Those are some excellent rifles that you gentlemen have displayed thank you for sharing the pictures.
Link Posted: 10/8/2010 5:41:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kbar-04] [#16]
Actually, this French born American managed to obtain a FAMAS here in the states. I believe that 129 total were imported:

BTW: if any of you fellows can help me with locating some FAMAS magazines Id be forever greatful....

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 7:15:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CESM] [#17]
Here's the latest addition to my little firearms collection: a Brügger & Thomet Advanced Police Carbine (APC9) in 9x19.

B&T APC9

B&T APC9

B&T APC9

B&T APC9

B&T APC9

B&T APC9

B&T APC9

B&T APC9

And yes I forgot to take a picture with a magazine in it.

I already have two ARs (including a 11.5") so the APC9 might seem redundant - especially when considering the fact that you can only own 7 centerfire "restricted firearms" in France.

But all ranges don't allow 5.56. And 9x19 is still slightly cheaper than 5.56 and much easier to reload.

One nice aspect of the APC9 is that the trigger is based on the AR-15's trigger group. I installed reduced power springs from JP entreprise. Trigger pull is now noticeably lighter than with the stock springs. So far I haven't had any light primer strike but I'm only shooting commercial ammo (or using CCI primers when reloading). I'll get an extra Rock River Arms NM trigger within the next few days and I'll see if it fits and really improves the feeling over the stock trigger pack (+ JP Entreprise springs). If there's no real improvement the RRA trigger will end up in my 11.5" AR.

I'm not really too fond of the forward grip. Well it's high quality, but I'm not really a "front grip guy". I've ordered different types of hand stops (Gear Sector, Larue). The muzzle is really close to the end of the handguard. And the handguard itself is pretty short. Wouldn't want to slip and end up shooting through my hand.

As you can see the barrel has the same lugs as the MP5. I'm going to get a suppressor on this (subsonic 9x19 is really quiet !). Haven't decided yet whether I'll go for the B&T suppressor or for a suppressor from a French gunsmith.

Here's how the APC9 is field stripped:

Push both pins out

Remove lower receiver by pulling it down

Unlock folding stock by pulling it down

Remove stock

Slide the bolt rearward

Remove recoil spring (which locks the charging handle in the bolt)

Line the charging handle with the notch on the upper

Pull charging handle straight out (charging handle can be reversed)

Slide bolt out

Bolt face.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 2:26:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Very jealous of the FAMAS! I got to fire one when we did some training with Les Francais but finding one here is impossibly expensive .

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top