BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Tacked Ranges (Page 4 of 4)
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
As of right now, Bays Branch range is closed due to some dumbasses shooting garbage out there and not cleaning it up.  There is a possibility that it may reopen.  I'm going to talk to the DNR there and see if there is anything that I can do to help, maybe get some people around here to help clean up and such.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Gents

Looking back for a range halfway between Dubuque and the Quad Cities

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know if the DNR range in Swisher/North Liberty is open again? Their website shows its closed, and reopens July 22nd. Not sure if it's been pushed back yet again, and just didn't update their website. Hate to waste a 25min drive there tomorrow.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ggkthnx:
Anyone know if the DNR range in Swisher/North Liberty is open again? Their website shows its closed, and reopens July 22nd. Not sure if it's been pushed back yet again, and just didn't update their website. Hate to waste a 25min drive there tomorrow.

View Quote

The website doesn't list a date anymore, call the local DNR officer here to check, they know the current status. It's been closed for weeks so I went up to Sureshot Range in Mt. Aurburn and had a good ol time there, recommended.

Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know of any longer range ranges in northwest Iowa or southwest Minnesota? I'm looking at building a Grendel but don't want to be stuck to the 200 yard range we have here locally. It's nice for the 5.56 ar but if I get a Grendel I want to be able to shoot like 500-750 yards if possible. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 11:26:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IAShooters] [#6]
Iowa range finder, over 150+ private, public, and member ranges.

IA Shooter range map
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Recently Shot at Daryl's Gun in State Center, kinda sketchy little range but the price isn't too bad at $5 an hour so it does the job if you want to just get out and shoot. I wouldn't want to go there if someone else was using it however as it is basically one lane, even though it goes out to 300 yards. Targets you hang from clothesline which is kinda rough during windy days. They have an indoor range as well, but I have not checked it out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
We have a 1000yd rifle range 10 miles north of elkader in Clayton county.  Info on it is located www.stronghold-corp.com click the range tab.  Trying to figure out how to get it added to the Iowa Shooters range map
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Sure shot mt Auburn iowa
http://www.sureshotrangeandgunsmithing.com/pages/index.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Just FYI, as of today,  Bays Branch Shooting Range in Guthrie County is permanently closed.  
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked Ranges (Page 4 of 4)
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top